Senior Instructional Designer – Technical Writing & DesignPrimary Location: Washington - Remote Additional location(s): Arizona; California; Texas
Location: Kirkland, WA or Remote
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
We are seeking a technical and analytical senior instructional designer to join GoDaddy’s Learning and Talent team. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, initiative, and drive. They are passionate about providing purposeful and engaging learning experiences that help our employees continuously improve and maximize their contributions to the company. This individual enjoys the challenges and opportunities of a start-up environment.
What you'll get to do...
Demonstrate Analysis and Design Excellence
- Analyze, scope, design, develop, and implement engaging, informative, and visually compelling in-person and online learning experiences and materials to support GoDaddy’s technical and product training while aligning with business needs, satisfying resource constraints, and delivering on intended learning and business outcomes.
- Assess how learning can meet business needs and recommend solutions to support performance and behavior change by driving unknowns into clear outcomes through conceptualization and thought partnership.
- Conceptualize unique ways to present content in a way that accelerates performance.
- Out of the box problem solver and make pragmatic recommendations for learning solutions.
- Write clear, concise, grammatically correct, and effective instructional content.
- Proactively research technical learning content and apply critical thinking outside of subject matter authority conversations.
- Review and analyze training feedback data to ensure training content is successful and is meeting the needs of the audience and the business.
Demonstrate Development Excellence
- Assess, recommend, and build modern, innovative, and industry-competitive instructional activities and learning objects.
- Demonstrate proficiency with instructional design tools and applications including but not limited to Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Appitierre Evolve, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Camtasia, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Provide intentional and compelling visual design application to all training modalities and objects.
- Provide exceptional attention to detail in visual structure in alignment with style guide standards and expectations.
- Refine, maintain, and ensure all training materials are consistent and up-to-date, and in line with products and larger training goals and initiatives.
- Proven track record to apply standard methodologies to develop with efficiency and speed.
Demonstrate Professional and Effective Communication Excellence
- Lead conversations and demonstrate effective and proactive communication with subject matter authorities, partners, team members, and leadership.
- Clearly articulate thoughts and ideas on solutions. Seek transparency and frame appropriate questions to obtain the intended information from subject matter authorities, partners, and team members.
- Confidently, clearly, and professionally communicate with various levels of stakeholders and partners.
- Promote collaboration, partnership, and positive relationships with team, partners, and leadership.
- Proactively handle stakeholders in the content design and development process, ensuring alignment, engagement, and expectation management.
- Demonstrate flexibility when projects change and offer solutions, new goals, project plan adjustments, and proactively and effectively communicate with partners. Demonstrate strong ability to tackle setbacks and/or obstacles.
- Practices active listening to obtain a full understanding of the needs and expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Build strong and positive partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders.
Demonstrate Organization and Project Management Excellence
- Proven ability to lead several projects at once, prioritize tasks, manage results, and meetings, while keeping each project moving forward so the deadlines are met.
- Proven track record to be organized in concepts, thoughts, time, and tasks.
- Demonstrate proactive coordination with managers, and business partners to maintain agreed-upon project expectations, deliverables, and milestones, including when faced with setbacks and shifting timelines.
- Proven ability to build complex and large-scale project plans with multiple components, resources, modalities, and timeframes. Executes with advanced project management skills, monitoring and managing tasks against set goals, task accuracy, progress, prioritization, and proactively communicates risks and challenges with contributors and partners.
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years shown experience designing and developing L&D programs
- 5+ years of experience developing training content for business software and/or technical software topics for instructor-led training and eLearning
- 5+ years of experience with eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline
- Experience assessing learning needs and designing, developing, implementing, and identifying the success of learning programs
- Experience prioritizing and managing sophisticated learning projects
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to partner with a team of people of various levels and positions to achieve a common goal
- Able to learn new applications quickly, and transfer those skills to others
- Able to apply attention to detail when creating content that include text, graphics, videos, and simulations
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012428