Senior Director - Corporate DevelopmentPrimary Location: Washington - Remote Additional location(s): United States - Remote ; San Clara, California
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
At GoDaddy the Corporate Development team plays a critical role in accelerating the company's strategic objectives through the execution of company mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic investments. We are seeking an experienced leader within Corporate Development who will be responsible for supporting the development and assessment of new business opportunities, managing and completing mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and minority investments across GoDaddy's business activities. This team member will join a small corporate development team with large cross-functional reach and report to the VP, Corporate Development. The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What you'll get to do…..
- Lead impactful M&A and Divestiture transactions that accelerate progress against GoDaddy's strategic objectives, bring more innovative experiences to our customers and deliver profitable revenue growth
- Work with GoDaddy senior leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities to grow the Commerce, Website and Marketing, and Hosting businesses
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation, deal modeling, deal structuring, and assessing the effectiveness to the business unit and/or company
- Drive all stages of the deal lifecycle, negotiate key deal terms, and bring transactions over the finish line
- Serve as thought-leader to the team, finding innovative, unique ways to address new, complex problems
Your experience should include…
- 10+ years progressive and diversified M&A experience in a fast-paced deal environment working in corporate development with a technology company, investment banking, venture capital, or other business organizations of significant scale
- Strong analytical skills, proficiency in performing thorough financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Experience structuring transactions and leading due diligence for joint ventures, investments, and M&A
- Experience leading transaction negotiations
- Basic understanding of contracts and ability to work with and legal team
- Experience in owning outcomes, entrepreneurial work environment
- Strong business acumen with constructive and proactive method to problem solving
- Demonstrated capability to efficiently present complicated and nuanced topics to executives. Can present tradeoffs, risks and rewards in a fashion that drives decisions and alignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Engineering; MBA Preferred
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R014874
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- New York City - $196000.00 to $245000.00
- Colorado - $160000.00 to $200000.00