Product Management Director - Data PlatformWashington | Cambridge, Massachusetts | Kirkland, Washington | San Francisco, California
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join Our Team
GoDaddy is looking for a Director of Product Management to join our data platform team. We're a distributed team dedicated to building state-of-the-art data capabilities to improve and transform GoDaddy products and experiences. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for passionate people to share our vision! GoDaddy product teams lead with hypothesis testing to make data-driven decisions, combining data and cutting-edge software systems, to help other GoDaddy teams provide the best experience for our customers!
You’ll work remotely and have the option to work from one of our primary US-based offices (Kirkland, WA, Cambridge, MA, San Francisco, or Santa Clara, CA).
What you'll get to do...
You will partner with business stakeholders across the company to identify high-value opportunities to leverage corporate data to serve customer experiences. You will then collaborate closely with product teams, data experts, software engineers, data engineers and data scientists to:
- Define the problem to go after (build a robust problem statement, measurable goal to achieve, enumerate customer hypothesis, identify the right sources of data, etc.)
- Define how to solve the problem in partnership with engineers (design a solution to serve a well-crafted hypothesis, define performance metrics, etc.)
- Define how to productize the platform capabilities developed (through libraries, SDKs, API, etc.)
- Finally, you will evangelize those capabilities to drive corporate adoption, and measure the customer impact of your work.
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of product management experience, 5+ years technical product management, 3+ years working with data platforms.
- Experience setting vision, defining strategy, and managing a prioritized roadmap.
- Experience designing, running, and analyzing statistical hypothesis tests.
- Experience with writing product requirements; building and prioritizing backlogs.
- Experience leading a high-functioning, collaborative team of engineers and data scientists.
- Experience partnering with engineering leaders and evangelizing best practices.
- Experience in customer/partner interaction with the ability to optimally and proactively communicate and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Experience in software engineering practices (Agile software development, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing, and API design.)
- Experience tracking, understanding, and acting upon changes in industry trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate, self-starter, inventive, data-driven and accountable.
- A knack for simplicity.
You might also have...
- Experience with stream data processing.
- Experience with batch data processing.
- Experience building data products and bringing them to market.
- Experience with various querying languages.
- Experience working effectively with others entirely over video conferencing.
The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in the culture and in this position:
- Self-Starting: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
- Technology Forward: Has an interest in technology, knows the tools and tricks.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights.
- Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues through active problem solving and striving to answer questions before they are asked.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to bring disparate stakeholders together to resolve issues, drive consensus and prioritize workload.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Judgment: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
- Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting structures.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010055