Principal Software Engineer - SecurityPrimary Location: Washington - Remote Additional location(s): California; Kirkland, Washington; Tempe, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The Product Security team collaborates with all GoDaddy product teams to drive secure product design and best practices for all GoDaddy applications by providing threat modeling and security architecture reviews. The team writes standards, specifications, and guidelines for securing applications and builds next generation security tooling to provide security event visibility across our products and platforms.
We’re looking for a passionate application security developer who loves to dive into technology and pull it all apart to see how it works, then put it back together again better than it was before. This individual will work closely with our product teams to evaluate the security of these platforms. We treasure curiosity, communication, passion for security, a bias towards collaboration and action and the desire to embrace and extend standard methodologies and patterns.
You’ll work remotely, or in our Tempe, or Kirkland offices.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you will get to do...
- Design and execute security testing framework for embedded systems and cloud api’s
- Perform threat modeling on GoDaddy products
- Research, evaluate, design and deliver product security technologies and evaluate third-party code
- Collaborate cross company on secure design standards, best practices, and next generation security features for embedded systems and cloud applications
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- AWS and Kubernetes experience a plus
- Knowledge of Java, Python, or Go preferred
- Experience with multiple data platforms is a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra)
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience with emphasis in information security, application security, cryptography, or related
You might also have...
- Understanding of cyber security principles
- Knowledge of top web application vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10
- Knowledge of static/dynamic code testing
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012101