GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team...
Millions of our customers are out in the world making a different future, transforming the global economy with life-fulfilling ventures. When one of them grows their independent venture by buying a GoDaddy product, there is a moment when they have to answer the question, “what’s next?" Our job is to get them that answer.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Activations team, you will make it easier and more intuitive for customers to make that crucial decision, whether they have just bought something new or are returning after a while. You’ll join us to create and maintain React apps, shared components, and even some backend services that customers will use to help them decide if they want to build a website, connect their domain to an existing one, set up email, or activate and use their GoDaddy tools in some other way. Our customers are counting on us to guide them.
You’ll level up our team’s backend/service knowledge, prototyping on new tools and setting the technical direction for our containerized node microservices, based on collaboration with the shared infrastructure teams. As a result, you’ll keep it simple and lightweight to maintain our apps and microservices. You’re also excited about contributing to the React apps that most of those services run, whether you have years of experience in React or are just getting into learning it. In this role, your full-stack skills will shine!
Your experience planning and being a tech lead for initiatives will help us drive a parallel workstream so our team can do big feature releases while also shipping small, impactful experiments. Our team has a surprisingly strong collaboration dynamic—in addition to code we steward, if work needs to get done in another team’s code base, we partner to build it there at the standards they expect. Our collaborative attitude also lets us pair or move work fluidly among engineers to keep ourselves unblocked. You’ll reinforce and level up our already-strong culture of remote collaboration.
As a result of your efforts, our customers will be able to keep track of their goals for their venture and understand exactly what they need to do next to maintain their online presence. They’ll have the guidance to know what features they need next and how much it will cost as their business grows and their online capabilities need to grow along with it.
Your manager is in Kirkland, WA, near Seattle. You might work in the Kirkland office, or you might choose to work anywhere else in the US.
What you'll get to do...
- Lead the design & execution of technical projects
- Partner with PM & Design on each new project, focusing us on incremental delivery
- Work with partner dev teams to deliver experiences in code bases they steward
- Experiment into increased activation, product adoption, and retention
- Incorporate testing into the pipeline; plan & write unit, integration, and manual tests
- Mentor entry- and intermediate-level engineers, including regular pair-programming and participating in design reviews and code reviews
- Research and propose new technologies, educating the team with fresh ideas and explaining the cost/benefit breakdown
- Flex your miscellaneous skills occasionally, doing data queries, performance analysis, and in-production problem-solving to handle emergencies
- Contribute to open source projects and operate within our internal open source culture
- Communicate the findings from experiments and new product development with team members and engineers across the company
Your experience should include...
- Experience driving the work of a team of engineers using agile development methods
- Experience with React OR another UI development framework
- Experience with Node.js OR a similar service application model
- Experience with writing automated unit and integration tests
- The ability to implement readable, maintainable code that follows SOLID principles
- Knowledge of the design tradeoffs needed to craft and implement RESTful services
- Knowledge of query languages for scalable data stores, such as SQL or Hadoop
- Experience with git and GitHub
- Experience making design decisions that focus on customer outcomes and deal with corner cases
- Experience in software experimentation methods, including using feature flags to target feature rollouts and using telemetry to collect experimental data
- 5+ years as a software engineer
You might also have...
- A history of developing backend services with a strong desire to pick up modern front-end dev skills
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011140