Lead Program Manager – Design & UXPrimary Location: Washington - Remote Additional location(s): Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Carlsbad, California; Los Angeles, California; Palo Alto, California; San Clara, California; Tempe, Arizona
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
GoDaddy is looking for a skilled people manager with strong design operations experience to build and lead our new Design Program team as a Sr Design Program Manager on our Creative & Design team. In this role, you will lead a team of Design Program Managers focused on building operational excellence to deliver outstanding, intuitive product design experiences. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires tight-knit collaboration, organization, and interpersonal skills to improve team cohesion, increase efficiency, build a balanced operational framework, and scale design’s impact at GoDaddy. Your team will help us change the future of how GoDaddy’s customers engage with our products and services.
What you'll get to do...
You’ll help us build the tools entrepreneurs use to start and grow their businesses. You’ll be an internal inspiring leader who sets a higher standard for customer centered design operations, program mechanisms and cross-functional teamwork. Working closely with Product Design, User Research, Product Management, Engineering, Go To Market, and other partners, you’ll lead a team responsible for day-to-day achievements across a series of design-led workstreams.
- Lead, grow and develop your team of Design Program managers by setting overall priorities, developing skills and career growth, and defining success for the team.
- Coach team members across the org in understanding how to balance business goals, speed, quality, and impact.
- Build processes and playbooks that can be refined, tailored, and effectively scaled across multiple teams based on needs. Ensuring design teams have the resources and inputs needed to do excellent work.
- Provide thorough oversight and direction of the day-to-day running of the business.
- Develop project scopes. Work with various teams to understand project request, gather requirements, define objectives, deliverables and delivery dates, plan resources and develop a clear and practical project plan
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide issue management, anticipate, and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with potential technical constraints.
- Facilitate project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal reviews, user testing, etc.), communicating action steps ensuring all partners have up to date, day to day reports and project achievements
- Drive resource management including resource allocation based on upcoming work
- Establish strong relationships with internal/external teams while running multiple work-streams with contending priorities.
Your experience should include...
- Experience delivering best in class design experiences for industry leading companies.
- 8+ years’ experience in project management with experience establishing programs, supporting design teams and developing relationships.
- 5+ years experience working directly with Product Design teams, guiding team activities and partnerships across product and engineering.
- 3+ years experience managing a team, with validated mentorship experience
- Able to identify and drive design initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders and partners, and many moving parts.
- Experience in defining scope for digital deliverables, communicating requirements and dependencies, and proactively identifying project roadblocks.
- Experience helping design teams take customer feedback from various sources and integrate into product design improvements.
- Able to facilitate the right balance between not enough process (chaos) and too much (bureaucracy) and effectively influence and integrate efficiencies into cross-team operating models.
- Self-motivated. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Thrives in fast-paced creative environment.
- Highly tech literate, should be able to master software and tools quickly
- Have a design eye – appreciation for good aesthetics and ability to distinguish when design solutions are up to creative standards
- Great teammate with refined and assertive leadership skills and ability to positively influence change through solid rationale, supporting data, and diplomacy.
- Ability to use data and metrics to measure the performance of design efforts, determine improvements and innovations, and to support project requests from partner teams.
- Experience managing up to Director and Executive level stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of various Agile delivery methods (Kanban, Scrum, Lean).
- Familiarity with the following organizational collaboration tools (Trello/MS Planner, Figma, Miro, Slack, Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint).
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R015968
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- New York City - $128000.00 to $160000.00
- Colorado - $102500.00 to $128000.00