Assistant General Counsel -- Privacy & CybersecurityPrimary Location: United States - Remote Additional location(s): Arizona - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
GoDaddy (NYSE: GDDY), the company that empowers everyday entrepreneurs, seeks an Assistant General Counsel to serve as the company’s primary privacy and cybersecurity counsel. The Assistant General Counsel – Privacy & Cybersecurity is the main partner for the company’s Chief Information Security Officer and Technology department and for the company’s Privacy Office. Among other responsibilities, this role will build privacy into GoDaddy’s services, drive compliance with global data protection laws, serve as the legal point person on security incidents, advise on existing and monitor evolving legal requirements relating to privacy and security strategy and programming, and maintain a culture of regulatory excellence within the company.
The Assistant General Counsel – Privacy & Cybersecurity will report to GoDaddy’s General Counsel and Privacy Officer and will work closely with key stakeholders across the company, including but not limited to GoDaddy’s CISO and the Security team, Privacy Office, Technology Risk Office, Compliance team, and M&A and contracts legal teams.
What you'll get to do...
- Provide comprehensive support for GoDaddy’s global legal and security compliance
- Drive privacy-by-design throughout the company’s product and service development process
- Assist with privacy impact assessments regarding new vendors, products, services, and other company initiatives
- Review and negotiate data processing agreements for customers and vendors
- Coordinate and manage incident response
- Draft responses to customer inquiries related to privacy matters
- Manage privacy policies, company guidance, and other privacy-related documentation across GoDaddy brands
- Conduct independent research to identify changing global privacy regulations
- Identify legal and privacy risks to develop proactive compliance and mitigation recommendations
- Support company M&A initiatives, including diligence and integration efforts specific to privacy, cybersecurity, and data protection
- Where outside expertise is appropriate, effectively manage outside counsel
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience should include...
- JD or equivalent and a license to practice law in the United States
- 5+ years’ experience as a practicing attorney advising on privacy and data protection issues for technology companies, including relevant U.S. and international privacy laws (e.g., CCPA and GDPR), and global product security and cybersecurity regulations and industry frameworks (e.g., ISO, NIST CSF, PCI-DSS)
- Experience drafting and negotiating a variety of privacy-related contracts, especially in relation to technology products and services
- CIPP certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required: must be comfortable explaining legal principles to leaders and their implications for business practices and procedures
- Highly developed business and technical acumen to understand our business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings. Must be able to see the big picture and effectively prioritize projects based on level of risk to the organization
- Excellent legal research and writing skills; attention to detail a must
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with an ability to meet tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and leadership
- Ability to handle sensitive situations tactfully yet firmly, to be assertive without being adversarial, and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; experience with CounselLink a plus
We are deeply committed to GoDaddy’s mission to make opportunity more inclusive for all by fueling a new generation of entrepreneurial endeavors – commercial, civic & creative! Our ideal candidate would share our passion for this work!
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R017981
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- California Bay Area, Santa Clara, San Francisco: $160000.00 - $240000.00
- Seattle, New York City: $148000.00 - $222000.00
- Los Angeles, San Diego: $133500.00 - $200500.00
- California State, Washington State, Colorado State: $120000.00 - $180000.00