CEPH Engineer - United States, RemotePrimary Location: United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
We are looking for engineers to join the Global Storage Engineering team with a strong focus on Ceph. In this role, you would be engineering and deploying the latest storage technologies to enable object, block, and file workloads for our internal applications and private cloud. If you have strong dev/ops skills, love to solve complex and challenging problems, and want to participate in some of the most exciting open-source projects, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for engineers to join the Global Storage Engineering team. In this role you would be engineering and deploying the latest storage technologies to enable object, block, and file workloads for our internal applications and private cloud. Growing at tens of petabytes per year, our team is responsible for automating, deploying, and maintaining all storage solutions within the company. If you have strong dev/ops skills, love to solve complex and challenging problems, and want to participate in some of the most exciting open-source projects, we want to hear from you!
What you'll get to do...
- Help GoDaddy engineer, deploy, and maintain the next generation of storage technologies to support our applications and private cloud
- Participate in agile concepts such as daily stand-up meetings, task tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Work closely with internal teams on cross-functional projects to ensure that their assets are delivered quickly and with the highest quality
- Scope and model various workloads to deliver custom solutions based on GoDaddy product offering needs
Your experience should include...
- BS or Master's degree in CS/CE or equivalent work experience
- Passion to develop high-quality and extraordinary solutions to real complex distributed-computing problems
- Experience with object, block, or file (NFS, SMB) storage required
- Experience with enterprise storage solutions desired (NetApp, Nexenta, 3PAR, EMC Isilon & Data Domain, Ceph)
- Experience with deploying large Ceph clusters and working knowledge of RGW, RBD, and CephFS are required
- Experience in developing RESTful API and services
- Experience with modern configuration management / Infrastructure as code systems (Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Experience with observability tools (Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB)
- Experience with Alerting tools (Icinga, Sensu, Nagios)
- Experience with Container Technologies (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Strong architectural and process documentation experience
- Excellent Linux administration skills and understanding of system performance areas (memory, swap, disk, i/o, network i/o, etc.)
- Programming proficiency in high level languages such as Python
- Knowledge in relational databases (MySQL, or similar) and data stores (Redis, or similar)
- Experience with source control systems (GIT) and software development disciplines
- Effective system design and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work in a dynamic agile environment and participate in all aspects of our agile process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility and team spirit
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R015630
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $128000.00 to $160000.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $113500.00 to $142000.00