Senior Security EngineerPrimary Location: United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join Our Team...
Do you want to be an Information Security Leader at GoDaddy?
Can you solve large-scale and cross-company issues, while ensuring that partnership with the development and operational communities remain front of mind?
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to apply their hands-on technical skills, strong leadership abilities, and an eagerness to build solutions for complex problems. You must be comfortable communicating with team members, performing security assessments, and prioritizing security risks.
What you'll get to do…
- Protect users by performing internal security assessments, working to identify vulnerabilities, and providing remediation guidance to system/application owners
- Join forces with Site Reliability Engineers and development teams to find new and creative ways to reduce the occurrence of vulnerabilities
- Review quality issues and work towards detecting security flaws
- Assist with prioritizing prospective projects, participating from start to completion
- Use industry experience to own and drive resolution and testing of complex security events, policy questions, and technical security risks
Your experience should include…
- 4+ years of multifaceted security engineering experience with expertise in multiple security domains including, but not limited to, Security Architecture, Cryptography, Network Security, Cloud Security, Mobile Security, and Web Security
- Experience in the Security Development Lifecycle
- Experience in Shift Left with a Security by Design methodology
- Scripting skills (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
- Experience applying standard engineering security processes that align with compliance requirements
You might also have…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Hosting Industry Experience
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018223
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- California Bay Area, Santa Clara, San Francisco: $140000.00 - $210000.00
- Seattle, New York City: $128000.00 - $192000.00
- Los Angeles, San Diego: $117000.00 - $175000.00
- California State, Washington State, Colorado State: $113500.00 - $170500.00