Merchant Credit Risk Analyst (Payments)Primary Location: United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
GoDaddy thrives on servicing our 20M+ businesses with our commerce/ payments suite of products to increase sales and profits. The commerce suite includes products we sell online (Woo Commerce Store, Online Store), on Marketplaces, via Social, in-person at their brick-and-mortar store, over the phone, and more.
As part of the Commerce team, the GoDaddy Payments Risk organization helps ensure a balanced and compliant merchant portfolio. We work hard to protect the commerce platform while providing our merchants with a world-class experience with minimal friction. The ideal Merchant Credit Risk Analyst candidate possesses the ability to navigate ambiguity with ease and strong decision-making skills.
This position will work alongside a team that operates in a PT time zone.
What You’ll Get To Do...
- Use a combination of credit risk data points, judgmental credit risk tactics, and other risk analysis to underwrite merchants
- Work alongside the Senior Manager of Fraud Operations and Head of Risk Operations to develop and streamline the underwriting program with well-documented processes and procedures
- Work alongside sales/marketing/product team to close merchant deals with risk mitigation top of mind
- Utilize your experience to recommend systems and tooling to help scale the merchant underwriting program through automation and product improvements
- Work with management to build and document a sophisticated improved due diligence program for identifying, reviewing, and monitoring merchants on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across product, engineering, and sales to continuously support the Underwriting program
Your Experience Should Include...
- 3+ years of experience in merchant credit risk underwriting and KYC/KYB programs
- 3+ years of experience with eCommerce and online payments, chargebacks, and risk analysis
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity with minimal support and direction; You are someone that can build something from nothing
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Must have strong business acumen and willingness to learn the business inside and out
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information across multiple work groups with varying levels of knowledge
You might also have...
- 2+ years of fraud experience
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy here (https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/equal-opportunity-employment-statement).
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018392
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- California Bay Area, Santa Clara, San Francisco: $80000.00 - $120000.00
- Seattle, New York City: $70000.00 - $105000.00
- Los Angeles, San Diego: $68000.00 - $102000.00
- California State, Washington State, Colorado State: $60000.00 - $90000.00