Commerce Data EngineerPrimary Location: United States - Remote Additional location(s): Santa Clara, California
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
The Commerce Foundational Services team is responsible for building, maintaining, and scaling the systems and services that empower various commerce capabilities that are used across our products that support both online and in-store (Poynt Smart Terminals) channels, which drive $25B+ in payment volume every year and deployed in over 7 countries across the world. If you love building impactful products that set the path for future growth and expansion immediately, join our team!
We’re famous for our payment terminal but much of the brains in the Poynt ecosystem resides on the cloud. As a Foundational Services team member focusing on Commerce Data engineering, you will contribute to many important aspects of our Commerce platform:
- Data architecture and modelling for a comprehensive set of commerce entities for business, transaction, product catalog, and customer management that powers all of first-party applications as well as all apps in our developer ecosystem via APIs
- Our data platform that takes in logs and key information from our worldwide fleet of devices, combining it with business and other actionable information on the server side to deliver real-time insights to our customers and in-depth BI analytics to drive our roadmap
- Partner with teams across the company on applications that rely on Commerce Data both for application and BA usage.
- Design and Implement intuitive, self-service, scalable, and highly-reliable data pipelines that ingest both real time and batch data into GoDaddy’s Data Mesh.
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source.
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience with excellent computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of software development experience on developing and shipping software.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages (preferably Java/Python).
- Building highly available distributed systems leveraging cloud technologies.
- Track record of delivering great software with solid test infrastructure, CICD, monitoring and alerting.
- Using database technologies, like key-value stores or relational databases, to power platforms or user experiences.
- Building RESTful APIs.
You might also have...
- Experience with large scale data processing systems for both batch and streaming technologies(Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, Flink).
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (preferably AWS - S3, Glue, Lake Formation, EMR,Kinesis, KDA, MWAA, SQS, SNS, Lambdas).
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016868
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $112000.00 to $140000.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $96000.00 to $120000.00