Storage EngineerPrimary Location: United Kingdom - Remote
Location Details: United Kingdom, Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or meetings.
Join our team
We are looking for engineers to join the Global Storage Engineering team with a strong focus on Ceph. In this role, you would be engineering and deploying the latest storage technologies to enable object, block, and file workloads for our internal applications and private cloud. If you have strong dev/ops skills, love to solve complex and challenging problems, and want to participate in some of the most exciting open-source projects, we want to hear from you!
GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and effectively run their own ventures. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a breath-taking online presence, attract customers, and lead their business.
We are looking for engineers to join the Global Storage Engineering team. In this role you would be engineering and deploying the latest storage technologies to enable object, block, and file workloads for our internal applications and private cloud. Growing at tens of petabytes per year, our team is responsible for automating, deploying, and maintaining all storage solutions within the company. If you have strong dev/ops skills, love to tackle sophisticated and challenging problems, and want to participate in some of the most exciting open-source projects, we want to hear from you!
What you'll get to do...
- Help GoDaddy engineer, deploy, and maintain the next generation of storage technologies to support our applications and private cloud
- Participate in agile concepts such as daily stand-up meetings, task tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Work closely with internal teams on cross-functional projects to ensure that their assets are delivered quickly and with the highest quality
- Scope and model various workloads to deliver custom solutions based on GoDaddy product offering needs
Your experience should include...
- Passion to develop high-quality and outstanding solutions to real sophisticated distributed-computing problems
- 3+ years of experience with object, block, or file (NFS, SMB) storage required
- 3+ years experience with enterprise storage solutions desired (NetApp, Nexenta, 3PAR, EMC Isilon & Data Domain, Ceph)
- Experience with deploying large Ceph clusters and working knowledge of RGW, RBD, and CephFS are required
- Experience in developing RESTful API and services
- Experience with modern configuration management / Infrastructure as code systems (Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Experience with observability tools (Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, Graphite,InfluxDB)
- Experience with Alerting tools (Icinga, Sensu, Nagios)
- Experience with Container Technologies (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Strong architectural and process documentation experience
- Excellent Linux administration skills and understanding of system performance areas (memory, swap, disk, i/o, network i/o, etc.)
- Programming proficiency in high level languages such as Python
- Knowledge in relational databases (MySQL, or similar) and data stores (Redis, or similar)
- Experience with source control systems (GIT) and software development disciplines
You might also have...
- Effective system design and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work in a multifaceted agile environment and participate in all aspects of our agile process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, and positive approach
- BS or Master's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy.
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R019074