Software Engineering Manager – Global Compute - EMEA, RemotePrimary Location: United Kingdom - Remote Additional location(s): Bulgaria - Remote; Ismaning; Remote - Netherlands; Romania - Remote; Spain - Remote; Strasburg, Bas-Rhin
Location Details: EMEA, Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy's Global Compute team is looking for a Software Engineering Manager. In this role, you will manage a high-performing engineering team and lead efforts to develop large-scale Cloud Services that enable GoDaddy's Hosting products.
The Global Compute platform is a cloud service that empowers GoDaddy engineering teams to launch hosting products with ease, while the compute platform takes care of the underlying infrastructure, servers and networking. To date, the platform serves more than 1 million paying customers and is growing rapidly. Small business customers start, grow, and run their ventures with the products running on the platform. If you have the passion, enthusiasm, and ability to lead an engineering team building that Global Compute Platform, we would like to talk with you!
- Lead your team of high-performing engineers by providing both career mentorship and technical vision for the product
- Work on current software architectures: Fully containerized, Python, MySQL, message-based architecture
- Contribute to open-source projects such as OpenStack, KVM, libvirt, and QEMU
- Drive design and development of globally distributed services that power next-generation infrastructure experiences
- Design resilient and redundant services to maintain high availability and performance
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices
- Participate in DevOps, and release activities in support of the platform
- Engage with engineers & partners across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact from group-wide to company-wide implications
- Lead the creation of high-quality, performant systems that engage and delights customers
Your experience should include...
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering in infrastructure, backend service development, or site reliably engineering
- Experience leading a team of software engineers, as either Tech Lead or Manager
- Knowledge of a breadth of technologies
- Being able to develop in at least one programming language. (e.g., using Python)
- You are a highly motivated, highly collaborative individual
- Passion to develop elegant yet pragmatic solutions to solve real-world business scenarios
- Strong desire to learn and to grow, and to mentor engineers to do the same
- Experience working with and leading agile development teams
- Experience in working closely with a team of specialists across disciplines to design and implement high-quality software solutions
You might also have...
- Understanding of networking (IP, TCP, DNS, BGP)
- Knowledge of git and git-based workflows
- Being able to automate deployments (e.g., using Puppet)
- Experience maintaining or contributing to open-Source projects
- Previous experience in an infrastructure engineering role, including infrastructure development, network, data center engineering, or platform operations
- Experience coordinating with project management and product owners, potentially using Agile processes
- Experience with cloud platform technologies such as AWS, OpenStack, etc
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as KVM or QEMU
With over 20 years’ experience and more than 3.5 million domains registered, 123 Reg are the largest provider in the UK (United Kingdom), with over 1.7 million websites using our services every day. Although a lot has changed since we first started, our philosophy has always stayed the same as we believe that succeeding online should be achievable for everyone, regardless of technical skill
level. As such, we aim to make the entire process as simple and easy as possible so that our customers can focus on what they know best: their business. By offering affordable, no-nonsense products such as domains, websites, email, web hosting and more, we help small business owners overcome the hurdles typically involved when getting started online. Furthermore, every 123 Reg product comes with access to our friendly and knowledgeable Support teams, who are here to assist our customers every step of the way.
Since we’re also part of the GoDaddy family, our supportive attitude extends to our company culture as well. We aren’t afraid to take risks or try new ways of doing things, and we firmly believe that to truly take care of our customers, we need to take care of each other and ourselves first.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016650