Senior Site Reliability Engineer - EMEA , RemotePrimary Location: United Kingdom - Remote
Location: EMEA, Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
GoDaddy believes each team member makes a meaningful contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is crafted to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organisation to just the work identified
What you'll get to do...
- Implement new infrastructure components and deploy them in a distributed environment
- Build CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications and platform fully automated
- Resolve any issues that may arise on the platform
- Work on various projects to improve efficiency, monitoring, performance, and features
- Guide our Systems Engineers and empower them to tackle issues.
- Supplying to and refining our documentation.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work on migrating the existing infrastructure to AWS
- Assist, where possible, in migrating legacy systems onto the platform
- Participate in the on-call rota
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years of Extensive Linux administration skills (Redhat, CentOS)
- 5+ years of experience on SQL systems, primarily MySQL
- 3+ years of strong scripting skills (Bash, PHP, Go, Python etc)
- Strong Configuration management skills (Puppet, Ansible )
- Solid grasp of CI/CD concepts and version control systems and testing
- Solid experience in building/working with distributed infrastructure and systems
- Experience building and maintaining servers using AWS is highly preferred
- Experience supporting WordPress is highly preferred
- Solid grasp of Networking
- Strong alignment to the good security practice
- Knowledge of hardware (bare metal, storage, etc)
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (KVM, Xen, Virtuozzo etc)
- Comfortable explaining sophisticated technical concepts to partners
- Highly diligent and organised in work
- The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure
- Experience with Docker
You might also have...
- Kubernetes (EKS/AKS/GKE/OpenShift,etc)
- Experience on AWS
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R013052