Senior Site Reliability Engineer - United Kingdom, RemotePrimary Location: United Kingdom - Remote
Location: United Kingdom - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
Our new Pagely SRE team, builds and maintains the infrastructure powering our enterprise Managed WordPress Hosting Platform. By providing coverage across 3 shifts, our international team of Site Reliability Engineers helps our customers sleep more soundly knowing their sites are in good hands.
We empower each member of the team to take on recurring problems and find creative solutions instead of settling for the status quo. We have a shared fate with our customers and work with their teams to solve complex problems and avoid the potential for downtime.
- Respond and remediate incoming alerts from monitoring systems
- Field complex tickets and customer requests escalated from SysAdmins, interacting directly with customers via our online helpdesk
- Working on various projects to improve efficiency, monitoring, performance, and features
- Contributing to and refining our documentation which empower our SysAdmins and customers to solve issues
- Providing guidance to SysAdmins to empower them to solve customer issues
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 3+ years of PHP experience
- 2+ years’ experience of database troubleshooting
- Experience building and maintaining servers using AWS is highly preferred
- Comfortable working in an SSH terminal or with an API
- Comfortable explaining complex technical concepts to customers and their developers
- Experience supporting WordPress is highly preferred
- Highly detail oriented and organised in work
- Proactive and independent
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and customers to maximise performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Experience with following will give you an advantage in getting up to speed, but we are a team with diverse talents;
- Ubuntu Linux
This role will be working on shift between the hours of 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM Mountain Standard Time.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R014580