Senior Android Engineer - EMEA, RemotePrimary Location: Spain - Remote Additional location(s): South Africa - Remote
Location: EMEA, Remote - United Kingdom or South Africa
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
We are looking for a dedicated Android Engineer to work within the Mobile Ventures area of GoDaddy which consists of many teams working on native mobile applications. This position is specifically within the Creation squad which focuses on the main canvas experience of GoDaddy Studio.
- Develop the next generation of creation tools for GoDaddy Studio users
- Work directly with designers and product owners to influence existing and future features
- Collaborate with multiple Android engineers across different feature sets and apps, influencing the way Android engineering functions across GoDaddy
Your experience should include...
- 4+ years of Android Platform experience
- A deep passion for design, user interface and animations
- Good understanding of the Android UI/UX guidelines
- Familiarity with modern Android development tools (Jetpack)
- Familiarity with MVVM/MVI architecture patterns
- Proficiency in writing unit and integration tests
- Active contributor to team discussions and process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions
You might also have...
- Functional state management (We use Spotify’s Mobius framework specifically)
- Low level graphics related experience — Canvas API, bitmaps, shaders etc.
- MediaCodec, OpenGL, or other low-level video and graphics experience
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R013050