Android EngineerPrimary Location: United Kingdom - Remote
Location: EMEA - Remote
We’re an award-winning app! Yes, you read that correctly — we’re one of Apple’s 2019 apps of the year in the ‘Storytelling Simplified’ category. We are a distributed team, spanning a wide range of locations and are constantly growing.
At Over by GoDaddy we believe that Creativity is the magical act of making change happen. It’s the power to reinvent yourself and the sorcery of making something out of nothing. It's also the terror of a blank page; a rough destination with no directions. But with the right tools, creativity turns any obstacle course into a playground. We take the hard parts out, so our users can focus on the joy of making change happen. Our users are ambitious, driven, and highly creative go-getters, entrepreneurs and dreamers, and we make it our mission to ensure they’re equipped with the tools and knowledge to make their mark on the world – whatever that may be. https://madewithover.com/
At Over by GoDaddy, we live and breathe these values – and they show up in everything we do:
- See it big keep it real. We don’t shy away from big ideas and crazy thinking – that’s where great things are made. But big ideas need clear plans. We always come back to the problem, back to our why, back to the smaller steps. That’s how we roll.
- No mud; no lotus. The road to reaching our mission is filled with ups and downs. And let’s be real, sometimes we’ll end up elbow deep in fertilizer before the good stuff grows. But the low points provide the teaching moments. Get your hands dirty. Just... maybe wash them afterwards.
- It’s a playground, not an obstacle course. We’re in the business of sparking ideas and encouraging big dreams, and you can’t do that without a whole lotta play. And hey, life will give you lemons, but we say “throw them back and play catch!” That’s how we make sure that when a problem comes knocking, we’re ready to take it on.
- Good hearts do great work. Good work comes from all types. But great work? That happens when we leave our egos at the door. When we speak the truth, listen hard, and take accountability for our actions. This is how we ensure that we make each other better. And better us = better outcomes.
- You can’t pour from an empty cup. Think big, work hard, push yourself, bring your A game – but for the love of everything awesome, sit yourself down and recharge. Eat the delicious thing. Get some vitamin D. It’s called balance.
- It takes a village. What we do here? It takes all of us. It takes diverse thinking and fresh ideas. It takes trust in each other to do what we say we will. And it takes freedom to do our best work, whenever and wherever that is.
We say “thank you”. Like, a lot. For big things, small things, old things and new things. Our gratitude channel on Slack is a constant reminder we’re an overwhelmingly grateful bunch.
What you'll get to do...
- Work on the Over by GoDaddy Android app within the larger GoDaddy organization
- Focus on lower-level rendering technologies to enhance the canvas experience, this would include OpenGL and MediaCodec API’s for working with Videos · Write and maintain native mobile applications in Kotlin
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle: from ideation to shipping
- Apply agile approaches to software development
- Be accountable for code quality and write unit and integration tests
- Be expected to contribute to architectural discussions
- Perform code review and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices
Your experience should include...
- 4+ years of professional mobile Android engineering experience
- Familiarity with native Android mobile development framework and tools
- Passionate about using technology to create amazing user experiences · The desire to develop proficiencies in OpenGL and MediaCodec API’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Android frameworks and tools; to be more specific, we use ViewModels, LiveData, View Binding, Work Manager, Retrofit, Room and Navigation Component
- Experience with designing, implementing, and utilizing RESTful APIs
- Experience working in an agile team environment
You might also have...
- Familiarity with MVI/MVVM architecture pattern
- Functional state management (We use Spotify’s Mobius framework specifically)
- Graphics related experience — working with Canvas API, bitmaps, shaders etc.
- MediaCodec, OpenGL, or other low-level video and graphics experience
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011347