Technical Program ManagerTempe, Arizona | Gilbert, Arizona | Kirkland, Washington | Scottsdale, Arizona
Get to know us
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
Are you passionate about building system reliability and ensuring teams, products, and technology platforms are prepared to respond to a business impacting event? Do you have a consistent track record in creating business continuity, contingency, and disaster recovery plans and in driving organization engagement in executing testing exercises to validate plans? Do you have experience ensuring action plans are in place and holding engineering and operational teams accountable to solving gaps identified during testing? We are looking for a Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery professional to implement programs focused on improving system reliability with the end goal of developing the best products and services for GoDaddy’s entrepreneurs.
This role will be responsible to drive GoDaddy’s BC/DR program, run global failover exercises, and classify and address service gaps for platform services. This is a highly cross-functional role working across company-wide engineering and operational teams to improve system reliability. The ideal candidate will have an engineering background, a strong understanding of system reliability, technical program management experience, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with a resourceful nature and a drive to make things happen.
Location: This role can be filled on the west coast, preferably in Washington or Arizona.
What you get to do...
- Develop and drive awareness and participation in BC/DR efforts and ensure templates and guidelines are communicated to engineering and operations team
- Identify and secure necessary resources to build BC/DR plans, run testing exercises and close gaps.
- Assist teams with conducting risk management analysis and writing BC/DR plans. Review plans to identify weaknesses and failure points in the plans.
- Lead global BC/DR testing exercises to ensure all components are successfully tested and gaps identified.
- Partner with application, infrastructure, service owners and support teams to develop and track remediation of gaps in business continuity and disaster recovery. Inform initiative prioritization against other work.
- Manage and deliver outcomes by leading teams to address global problems, resolve roadblocks and roll-out solutions, through all impacted teams.
- Set goals and measure the effectiveness of the BC/DR program. Continually learn, iterate and improve the program.
Your experience should include...
- At least five years of related Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery experience in a technical engineering environment desired
- Bachelors or Masters degree with Technology, Management, Science or Engineering field of study required
- Business Continuity Certification (BCCE, CBCP, CFCP, MBCP) desired
- Experience managing multiple concurrent programs from beginning to end, including planning, scheduling, risk mitigation, communications and reporting outcomes to Sr Leadership.
- Experience implementing Chaos Engineering desired
- Strong understanding of system reliability, service-oriented architecture, software component dependencies, and failure scenarios in both the cloud and internal data centers
- Outstanding communicator and collaborator; ability to understand and explain complex technology risk and deficiencies to employees with varying degrees of technical depth
- Experience leading testing exercises to validate disaster recovery plans and identify weaknesses and failure points in the plans
- Skilled at influencing and leading multiple engineering and operations teams to resolve issues without authority
- Experience of identifying business impact metrics for programs, gathering data, and reporting results back to business leaders.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please contact our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011032