Software Development Engineer - Marketing Technologies PlatformPrimary Location: Tempe, Arizona Additional location(s): Kirkland, Washington
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Tempe AZ, or Kirkland WA
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
As a full-stack software engineer in the MarTech (Marketing Technology) Engineering organization at GoDaddy, you will join a cross-functional team of exceptional software engineers, product owners, and quality assurance engineers. We join forces to enable a robust marketing communication and messaging ecosystem that connects GoDaddy with customers every day.
We develop innovative front-end experiences, establish back-end cloud-based ecosystems, implement dependable databases, and drive cross-team architectural improvements. We are passionate about evolving our customer’s experience through experimentation, user feedback and analytics. We focus on code quality to ensure a phenomenal experience - for customers and engineers alike - that can be continuously improved over time.
The right individual will be a proactive engineer who thrives with autonomy, cares deeply about the maintainability of project code, and loves to solve complex problems within a highly collaborative environment. You will go beyond just coding and help to shape the team’s direction, process and culture.
What you'll get to do...
- Own, architect and implement new applications and features to transform key customer experiences.
- Design, build and unit-test innovative systems vital to our international and marketing efforts - and essential to GoDaddy.
- Drive platforms and applications that help contribute over $300 million in annual review via our outbound emails sent to our more than 20 million GoDaddy customers.
- Get hands-on experience with up-to-date cloud technologies like AWS’s Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, SQS, CloudFormation, Fargate, SFTP Transfer and S3.
- Help establish a brand-new marketing technology platform, including migration from current systems.
- Collaborate with teams across GoDaddy including marketing professionals, operations, engineers and quality assurance engineers.
- Leverage industry best practices and methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, testing automation and Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Support and mentor other developers on the team, proposing process improvements and best-practices as appropriate
Your experience should include...
- A customer-first mentality
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong understanding of:
- Back-end technologies like .NET, C# (OOP), ASP.NET & SQL
- Cloud computing platforms, AWS preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability concisely explain thought process
- Experience leading a project from the requirement's phase to completion
- A desire for self-driven continuous learning and cultivating culture, building meaningful relationships with team members, and providing constructive feedback towards growth and innovation
You might also have...
- Experience in front-end frameworks like React - a huge plus
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud - a huge plus
- Experience with Marketing Technology platforms or Multichannel Marketing Hubs
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Strong understanding of the 12 Agile Principles and 5 Scrum Values
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012200