GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Software Development Engineer III Platform Search & Anomaly Detection employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for excited engineers who have a passion for problem solving. This position is for our Platform Search & Anomaly Detection team where you will play an integral part in the design and build of our next generation cloud ready search and analytics platform.
This team of engineers is responsible for designing and delivering a performant platforms as well as developing automation tools to build, deploy, and monitor the performance of those systems. We are looking for passionate developers with a strong agile background who want to be involved in cutting edge systems that are used regularly and are critical to the company delivering applications with a global footprint.
What does the job entail?
- Design and drive the implementation of the technical architecture for the next generation Search and Performance Engineering Platform with real-time anomaly detection
- Write great code, innovate, and deliver scalable systems using open-source and cloud based solutions fronted with resilient REST interfaces
- Understand all components of the stack in detail to build an end-to-end user experience that is sure to delight users of the platform
- Build extensive monitoring and remediation infrastructure to validate and maintain uptime of services and ensure performance
- Participate in agile concepts such as daily stand-up meetings, task tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Work closely with service engineering, operations, and data analytics teams to engineer cutting-edge solutions that allow GoDaddy to answer challenging big data questions
Do you have what it takes?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 - 4 years experience as a seasoned Python or Java developer, Python preferred
- Passion to develop high-quality and extraordinary solutions to complex distributed-computing problems
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques for near real-time use cases
- Experience building performant and scalable REST APIs
- Experience with current data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Elastic stack) a plus
- Understanding of anomaly detection and hands-on experience a plus
- Familiarity with search and performance technologies (Elasticsearch, Lucene, NewRelic) a plus
- Knowledge of Cassandra or other distributed data stores a plus
- Strong contributor in a dynamic agile environment and participate in all aspects of our agile process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, quick learner
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer