Software Development Engineer, CTO -Application ServicesTempe, Arizona | Gilbert, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Sr. Software Development Engineer-CTO-Application Security
Get to know us...
The Application Services team provides mission-critical processes, services and applications that operate at global scale, serving highly dynamic content to 56 markets in 30 languages, handling millions of requests per day, all with industry leading page performance. The team writes the specifications, documentation, reference implementations for core GoDaddy services and applications and provides core libraries, runtimes and onboarding to the platforms and clouds that GoDaddy runs on.
We are looking for passionate developers who love to dive into technology and pull it all apart to see how it works, then put it back together again better than it was before. We treasure curiosity, communication, a bias towards collaboration and action and the desire to embrace and extend best practices and patterns. If you are the kind of person who can’t see something that isn’t right without a compulsion to make it at least just a little bit better before you put it back, we want to talk to you.
Join our team....
The Application Security Team develops continuous security tools to detect issues early in the development lifecycle & protect our customers' data.
This security focused position will help write and implement tools to find, fix, prevent, and security issues in our code base. We work with GoDaddy’s software development teams develop more secure architectures while maintaining performance and usability of the product.
Your manager is in Kirkland, WA, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in USA or Canada.
What you'll get to do...
You apply expert-level knowledge of computer science principles and web development best practices every day to constantly innovate and improve the platform. You seek to automate, instrument, and make data driven decisions. You strive to enable our business partners and end-customers connect in new ways that help them succeed. You are experienced with CI/CD and development standard methodologies and can mentor new developers confidently. You are comfortable in all aspects of agile development methodology and know how to direct Scrum ceremonies. You can develop novel new software libraries and features from scratch with little direction and can design and socialize important software updates across the team. You have a cross-team approach and are capable of working with several teams together to validate broad, far-reaching software designs, divide work for implementation and drive good process, code review and testing methodologies across a larger group.
- Design, implement, and test the various applications that comprise our platform
- Continuously refine existing systems to improve their reliability, performance, and manageability
- Provide operational support for critical customer-facing systems as well as internal APIs and tools
- Collaboratively design and document next generation systems
Your experience should include
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Strong knowledge of Python, Java, C# or Go
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Experience with ELK stack (Kibana) and monitoring tools like New Relic or Sensu
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Experience with multiple data platforms is a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra)
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
You might also have
- Experience with cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010590