Senior Software Automation Engineer - CommercePrimary Location: California - Remote Additional location(s): Arizona - Remote; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Carlsbad, California; Gilbert, Arizona; Kirkland, Washington; New Jersey - Remote; New York - Remote; New York, New York; Oregon - Remote; Pennsylvania - Remote; San Clara, California; San Francisco, California; Seattle, Washington; Texas - Remote; United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our Team....
GoDaddy is hiring a driven Software Engineer who is passionate about integrating quality testing tools into CI/CD pipelines and using data to optimize customer outcomes.
We follow Agile and CI/CD development practices and would like someone who is self-motivated, passionate about making an impact, and can execute in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do...
- Design and scale test frameworks to support the product team and influence the engineering team in writing unit and end-to-end regression tests.
- Work collaboratively with a distributed and tight-knit team.
- Solve interesting engineering problems and contribute to internal tool development.
- Create monitoring utilities to measure the health of internal components and data integrity.
- Get hands-on with data analytics using Elasticsearch to create Kibana dashboards and MySQL to create Grafana dashboards of quality and system health data.
- Build test automation frameworks to ensure high quality for cross-application experiences.
- Use data and analytics to improve our products and customer experience and analyze metrics from test, deployment, and performance data to continuously improve the quality and speed of our build pipelines.
- Run and manage in-app experimentation treatments to optimize the product value for end users.
- Participate in Agile practices such as daily stand-up meetings, design and code reviews, pairing, automated testing, and CI/CD.
- Work across Engineering, UX and Product Management teams to understand big picture ideas and identify solutions to make those ideas come to life.
- Create reliable, high-performance automated tests that can run thousands of times per day.
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Working experience with opensource testing frameworks and libraries (Cypress, Jest, PHPUnit).
- Working experience with commercial pipeline systems (GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins).
- Experience in creating build pipelines and consistently finding ways to optimize time to deploy through CI/CD.
- Effective system design and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, and positive attitude.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic Agile environment and participate in all aspects of our Agile process.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016073
The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- New York - $112000.00 to $140000.00
- Colorado - $96000.00 to $120000.00