Senior Network EngineerApplyApply Later Location Tempe, Arizona
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Network Engineer at GoDaddy, you will join a team of outstanding engineers in a vast and complex network with a never-ending need for innovation in order to meet the needs of our ever-changing environment! Would you like to challenge your professional level knowledge of networking technologies including routing, switching, and security as well as a desire and aptitude to learn new technologies as needed to keep pace with our customer needs? You will deploy, configure, and support a multi-vendor network infrastructure in data centers, large enterprise campus environments, and individual corporate sites globally consisting of routers, switches, firewalls, and hardware load-balancers. You will do more than just maintain a network!
- Provide Tier 1/2 troubleshooting support for complex hosting and enterprise network environments.
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation.
- Collaborate deeply with a multi-functional team of Network and Security Architects, Software Developers and Engineers, Server and Platform Engineers, and Data Center Operations. Work in an Open Space environment (no cube walls, no offices)
- Assist with designing and improving processes and procedures to build a highly effective team and improve team efficiency and network availability.
- Join forces to meet company objectives.
- Communicate effectively across functional teams.
- Assist with network deployment activities.
- Some travel
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or a related field is preferred.
- CCNP or JNCIS certification or equivalent experience is helpful
- 2+ years of relevant networking experience, 4+ years without a college degree or advanced networking certification
- We value the ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make judgment decisions and recommendations and own the implementation into a production environment.
- Experience using Network Management/Monitoring tools (e.g. RANCID, ElasticSearch, SevOne, Moogsoft)
- Python programming language/software dev experience is a plus
- Strong desire to learn and to innovate
- Professional level OSPF and BGP implementation and troubleshooting experience in both carrier and hosting environments
- Deep knowledge of IOS, IOS-XR, and NX-OS as it relates to provider environments. Expertise in Transport technologies, such as MPLS in a provider environment is required
Expertise with one or more of the following:
- Cisco Catalyst & Nexus switches
- Cisco ASA & FWSM firewalls
- Arista data center switches
- Juniper routers & firewalls
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.