Senior Manager - Business AnalyticsTempe, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
Come join the Corporate Transformation team, that is focusing on optimization of corporate business processes through modernization of existing technology, automation of repeatable and error-prone manual processes to ultimately enable the back office to not only keep up with the pace of the business, but to drive the business to capitalize on future opportunities.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers to create a platform to drive deep insights around GoDaddy’s corporate side of the business to help our customers succeed in theirs.
You can be located anywhere in the United States. We have offices you can use in the Bay Area; in the Seattle area; in Los Angeles, in Cambridge, Massachusetts; in the Phoenix metropolitan area; and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What you'll get to do
- Champion data ownership, standardization, accessibility, and governance of Corporate BI data.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement strategies that support the business’s development plans and that capture new opportunities
- Define appropriate analytical models necessary to support various use cases for segmentation and leverages the power of predictive insights and analytics.
- Work closely with the transformation department in organizing and creating an environment that makes data and information accessible with appropriate channels of access controls.
- Act as an authority within the BI team, promoting the use of industry leading trends and new data management technologies.
Your experience should include
- MSc in Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Analytics, or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for the position.
- 10 years of working experience in a Senior Data Analytics or Data Science position within a fast-paced and complex business setting.
- Vast experience building and leading data science organization or practices, as well as, successful experience evangelizing/advocating for data analytics value across a business and to diverse audiences.
- Hands-on leadership directly managing data and analytics teams, and motivating change within a large, complex businesses.
- Highly knowledgeable in front-to-back data lifecycle and be highly proficient in wide array of data tools and technologies such Hadoop, Teradata, SQL, Redshift, PostgreSQL, Vertica as well as scripting languages such as Python and R.
- Expertise in the design, development, verification, and validation of applied, descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive analytics.
- Possess strong leadership, being able to move cross-functional groups in a unified direction as well as being able to move business executives and stakeholders.
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience building data layers in support of a microservice architecture
You might also have
- Experience working with Big Data solutions (Hadoop, Hive).
- Experience with data orchestration tools like Airflow and Oozie.
- Understanding of API gateways in data integration perspective
- Experience with cloud technologies - S3, Redshift & EMR.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011971