Senior Conversational Design ManagerTempe, Arizona | Kirkland, Washington
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team..
The Digital Care team, responsible for supporting and educating customers through innovative content solutions, is looking for a seasoned conversational design professional to lead our chatbot conversational design team. Bring your proven expertise in conversational design and team leadership to help us scale our chatbot solutions to a broader audience, lead and mentor a team of conversational designers, establish our chatbot voice and standard methodologies, and ensure customers have an extraordinary chatbot experience. We’ve developed industry-leading and innovative chatbot solutions in this up-and-coming field. We want you to help us take it to the next level.
Our team is a welcoming place for all people. Join a supportive working environment where diversity is valued to achieve your best work!
Location: We are flexible on location, you can be located near one of our office hubs or remote.
What you’ll get to do…
- Lead and mentor the conversational design team to craft forward-thinking chatbot conversations.
- Nurture conversational designers’ skill sets and excellence.
- Define the content strategy across audiences, bot agents, and intents.
- Research, experiment, and design brand appropriate chatbot voice.
- Develop a partnership with PM to define requirements for chatbot evolution.
- Lead strategy to scale chatbot writing beyond the core writing team.
- Develop authoring workflows, governance standards, and style guides.
- Build and maintain a content request intake and prioritization process.
- Take ownership of chatbot training accuracy and the language model.
- Define standard methodologies for sharing insights with product teams.
- Define and track critical metrics, monitor chatbot health, and use data to make continuous improvements for bot effectiveness against critical metrics.
Your experience should include...
- 2+ years leading a conversational design team.
- 5+ years leading a content team.
- Deep, applied knowledge of conversational design principles.
- Understanding of natural language processing, language models, training models, and machine learning.
- Experience writing conversational flows in Dialogflow.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job Description Format
This SOP will explain how the job descriptions should be formatted when creating job requisitions.
What is a Job Description? A detailed description of the role, responsibilities and qualifications.
Greenhouse Automated Verbiage and Format
In Greenhouse, we have included some automated verbiage as well as headers to provide you with the overall job description layout. This includes the following sections.
Job Title (Automatic)
Get to know us (Automatic Verbiage below)
- GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit GoDaddy.com
Join our team (optional section)
- In this newly created position, the Marketing Buyer to collaborate with GoDaddy Marketing in negotiating with various agency types around the world. The ideal candidate should be an effective negotiator, critical thinker and able to establish trust and build rapport with clients and media professionals. Your goal will be to maximize spending efficiency allowing GoDaddy Marketing to obtain more advertising per dollar spent.
- The position may be located in or near any of the GoDaddy offices in North America or Europe
What you’ll get to do…
- GoDaddy deploys various marketing strategies around the world. This role will get to interact with all regions where GoDaddy is present to understand the strategy and assit in partnering with agencies and other marketing related suppliers who can best help us achieve our marketing goals.
Your experiences should include…
- Compare and negotiate rates, ad space and airtime
- Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix
- Assist in preparing schedules and adjust when needed
- Actively participate in experimenting with new platforms and channels to aid in sourcing the best innivations that support regional and global GoDaddy marketing needs
- Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI)
- Report to internal partners and build long-term relationships
- Design and execute RFI, RFQ process with marketing and media agencies in close collaboration with marketing teams
- Plan and/or participate in quarterly business review meetings (QBR) with key service providers
- Guide marketing teams through contracting process with Legal department (final outcome: signed agreements with service providers)
You might also have… (optional section)
We’ve got your back…
- This should be standard language, not something I need to add.
Equal Opportunity Statement (Automatic Verbiage below)
- GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
- If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
- Spell out the job title in full. No abbreviations, with exception of VP
- Capitalize the beginning of each word in the job title (except for “with”and “and”). Put spaces before and after a dash/hyphen
Job Title Variation Examples
- Job Title + Team ie. Software Engineer – eCommerce
- Job Title + Description ie. Software Engineer – Full Stack
- Job Title + Team + Description ie. Software Engineer – eCommerce (Full Stack)
Font, Headers, & Textio
- Font is Calibri, size 11
- Bold font should only be used for headers
- Italic and/or underlined font should not be used
- Best practice to run your Job Description through Microsoft Word first to ensure accurate spelling, grammar and font.
- Remember, all Job Descriptions will be run through Textio within Greenhouse by a member of Talent Acquisition.
- NOTE: All job descriptions require a score of at least 75 prior to posting.
Job Description Example
Below is an example of a well written/formatted job description for reference.
Job ID R010501