Senior Business AnalystApply Apply Later Location Tempe, Arizona; Gilbert, Arizona; Kirkland, Washington; Scottsdale, Arizona; Sunnyvale, California
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who has a passion for data and supplying their customers with insights as well as guiding their team to success. You know and love working with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL and scripts, are very effective and efficient at creating visual dashboards in Tableau and can use your technical skills and creative approaches to solve some unique problems in the Business Intelligence space. You’ll work closely with the product and website teams throughout product life-cycles, driving strategy and action through high-quality and timely data analysis. You are an advocate for your customers and you have a sense of ownership.
- Use data to tell a story. Make insights and recommendations to help acquire new customers, reduce customer attrition, and grow our revenue.
- Analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on significant amounts of data and build end-to-end reporting solutions to support company initiatives.
- Have experience using data mining techniques to drive product strategy, reduce customer attrition and find new revenue opportunities.
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, website behavior, etc.
- Work with a team of analysts in the collection and dissemination of company performance via multiple reporting tools/methodologies.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating findings to cross functional groups.
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components.
- Write and create custom reports.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 6+ years of experience with SQL (SQL, HiveQL) including optimization
- 5+ years of experience working with either a Hadoop and/or an MPP system.
- 5+ years of experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with open source Data Science tools (Python, R, PySpark preferred)
- Familiarity with ETL implementation and maintenance and a working understanding of schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical techniques including regression, trend analysis, forecasting, and experiment design
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, etc.)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- MBA or other advanced degree in analytical field from a top-tier institution
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Hadoop), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.