Revenue Staff AccountantPrimary Location: Tempe, Arizona Additional location(s): United States - Remote
Location Details: Tempe or remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Hybrid-or-Remote: This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
The Revenue Staff Accountant will be in charge of applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely reports & statements, ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures.
What you'll get to do...
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and accurate presentation of financial statements
- Responsible for assisting in assessing new products for compliance with applicable revenue standards and testing for accuracy
- Responsible for processing of monthly invoices to corporate customers
- Responsible for month end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis in a timely manner
- Perform research on invoicing and accounting issues
- Assist in quarterly review and annual audit preparation at both a company-wide and statutory level
- Maintains and improves SOX compliance for accounting functions and participates in SOX documentation and testing
- Identifies and actively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- At least 2-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Foundational understanding of accounting theory, knowledge of US GAAP and willingness to undertake assisting with accounting research and application
- Ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience
- Highly accurate and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to improve performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to receive dynamic feedback on tasks and projects from management and apply prospectively
- Ability to thrive in a fun, rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R017082
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $65000.00 to $81500.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $56000.00 to $70000.00