Manager, Accounting Revenue SystemsPrimary Location: Tempe, Arizona
Location: Tempe, AZ
As a Manager of Revenue Systems, you will be responsible for ensuring that all order to cash
transactions, including revenue recognition, are completely and accurately reflected in our financial
statements in accordance with US GAAP and international regulations as required. The ideal candidate
should have a strong foundation in financial systems implementation, especially revenue recognition,
management, general accounting, operational and process optimization and streamlining, and a strong
analytical and problem solving ability. This leader in our accounting organization will oversee
employees primarily based in the US, but may also have oversight of international employees and such
oversight will include ensuring daily tasks are performed and month end accounting related duties are
completed. This also includes ensuring compliance with SOX controls and seeking continuous process
improvements and automation.
What you'll get to do...
- Oversee revenue accounting teams, with ability to manage remotely and ability to travel as needed
- Work closely with the business partner teams to provide revenue guidance as needed and ensure accurate data and controls are in place for recognition of international revenue
- Responsible for financial systems implementation and support, including guidance on revenue recognition requirements, SOX controls associated with both SDLC and post go live consideration, external financial reporting requirements, audit enablement and internal reporting needs
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and the proper presentation on the financial statements as needed
- Effectively align with appropriate departments and third party partners to provide end-to-end support as needed
- Maintains and improves SOX compliance for accounting functions and participates in SOX documentation and testing
- Identifies and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA or similar designation required
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- SQL or related coding experience
- Revenue and accounts receivable accounting experience in publicly traded companies preferred
- Experience in SaaS or technology industry preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proactive and independent
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012703