Internal Audit Senior - FinancePrimary Location: Tempe, Arizona
Location: This position can be fully remote. At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely. This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
GoDaddy’s Internal Audit team plays a central role assisting the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, CFO, and Chief Legal Officer in fulfilling their responsibilities for overseeing accounting and financial reporting processes and internal controls, compliance with laws, regulations and industry standards, and risk management.
We are looking for a go-getter Internal Audit Senior - Finance to complement our talented and growing integrated audit team. You will play leading role as we conduct operational, financial, business process and compliance audits, analyze complex business processes, and create compelling cases to improve operational activities. Other individuals within team, as well as partners throughout the company, will look to you for mentorship and advice as they seek to improve processes and controls.
What you'll get to do...
This position is responsible for all phases of audits including research and planning, conducting fieldwork, analyzing data, and communicating with business partners, executives, and other stakeholders. As an Audit Senior, you will be responsible for performing walkthroughs and testing of financial processes; tracking, summarizing, and communicating to senior management the status and results of Internal Audit's activities; drafting related reports, communicating results with management (in writing and verbally), obtaining management's action plans, and monitoring the remediation of insufficient controls; and you may be responsible for assigning and/or reviewing team members' work on the audits you manage.
- Detecting and identifying risks within business and financial processes and designing solutions to mitigate to an acceptable level
- Leading and conducting walkthroughs and testing of accounting, financial reporting and business process controls associated with the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance
- Planning and participating in financial & operational audits, identifying risks and gaps, and recommending targeted solutions
- Reviewing, auditing and/or analyzing complex business processes related to GoDaddy’s online products and services to highlight gaps or opportunities for process improvements
- Communicating audit results (verbally and in writing) along with recommendations to management; obtaining management’s remediation plans and tracking to completion
- Analyzing data sets to detect unmitigated risks or deficient controls, as well as implementing audit monitoring procedures
- Collaborating within Internal Audit and cross-functional business partners to research, plan, & scope audit programs and assess company risks
- Assisting IA’s management team in developing the team’s annual plan
- Performing pre- and post- implementation planning and testing of new business processes and systems
- Developing implementing or extending tools across Internal Audit to streamline documentation, analysis, or reporting
Your experience should include...
- BSc degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any Mathematics-intensive discipline
- 4+ years of experience managing or executing audits in an audit, accounting, or financial reporting capacity (Big 4 or consulting experience is a plus)
- CPA, CMA, CIA or other applicable professional certification
- Considerable experience auditing, preparing or analyzing financial statements of public entities
- Audit or accounting experience with a global corporation
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R014318