Managing DirectorApply Apply Later Location Sydney, Australia
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
At GoDaddy we seek someone to be the Managing Director of our commercial business in Australia. The role is responsible for achieving revenue, customer growth, profit and other key scorecard targets through effective development and management of Australia’s business plan. The Managing Director will represent GoDaddy both externally and internally as Australia’s business leader.
- Lead the development and execution of an annual business plan to meet all current year goals, while also building the foundation for future growth
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with executive leadership on market activity and performance
- Balance top line revenue and profit growth as well as other key company targets
- Synthesize disparate data points to provide insights resulting in an execution plan
- Approach business challenges with a problem-solving mindset delivering the best outcomes for our customers, the local market and the company
- Leads the Australian business team and provides direction on the business, operations, financial performance, customer care and marketing functions to grow GoDaddy Australia’s capabilities
- Hire, on board, develop and retain a lean local team who able to respond with agility to changing customer and market needs
- Influence and operate at all levels and altitudes, balancing strategy with execution and pragmatism
- Drive cross functional teams, collaborate with colleagues, and internal business partners while operating remotely from GoDaddy headquarters
- In collaboration with the local Marketing Director, lead agencies and internal partners in the creation of marketing and PR plans that deliver marketing specific objectives including but not limited to brand awareness and ROAS
- Be the external face of GoDaddy Australia representing the brand with media, industry, and customers.
- Collaborate with other regions, audience leaders and the central marketing team to use standard methodologies, adapting global assets to the Australian audience as appropriate
- Ensure effective investment and management of the marketing budget and adheres to quarterly accountability on spend
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customers in the market and the ability to see opportunities to grow share and revenues by optimizing team and product performance
- Lead with a customer first focus, understands local customer needs and insights and can articulate and address Australian’s needs and concerns
- Build and execute a customer satisfaction plan to deliver our in-market Net Promoter Score
- Minimum 15 years experience including proven results marketing subscriptions and targeting small businesses in Australia. Prior P&L experience preferred
- Demonstrated capability to lead and execute independently in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Willing to lean in to execution with a “roll up your sleeves” approach and attitude with effective use of limited local resources
- Proven track record of building productive working relationships with customers, internal business partners, and external agency partners.
- Experience working in a remote, matrixed, cross-functional environment
- Strong work ethic and a leader that believes in a collaborative/inclusive approach
- A real passion for numbers
- Embodies the GoDaddy Values namely: Be extraordinary, Own Outcomes, Join Forces, Work Fearlessly, Live Passionately
Some travel is required, approximately 4 times/year internationally as well as flexibility in working across time zones.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.