MBA Intern - Corporate DevelopmentApplyApply Later Location Sunnyvale, California
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The Corporate Development team is responsible for supporting and enhancing the strategy, product roadmap and growth of GoDaddy’s businesses through acquisitions and strategic partnerships. We are a high-impact group situated at the nexus of product, engineering and broader strategic efforts at GoDaddy. Only candidates who clearly demonstrate the following skills will be considered:
- Investment Banking
- Private Equity
- Investment Management
- Venture Capital
- Corporate Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Due Diligence
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, detail-oriented, and can think strategically with a passion for delivering outstanding customer value. This person will be an integral member of the team and will support all stages of deal evaluation and execution. This 12-week internship will be based at our Sunnyvale office in the heart of Silicon Valley, in a fun, fast-paced, and professional environment.
In this role, you will:
- Establish in-depth expertise about the small business (SMB) customer segment and competitive solutions
- Analyze and evaluate potential acquisitions, partnerships and other strategic initiatives as they relate to corporate objectives
- Create financial models, pro formas, and investment cases for acquisition targets, including but not limited to, marketing sizing and growth, bottoms up forecasts, scenarios and sensitivities, key performance indicators and a range of valuation approaches
- Work closely with senior leaders to identify initiatives and strategic approaches that can enable our customers to run and grow their businesses more effectively
- Play a key role on the team to help drive the evaluation, negotiation and execution of acquisition opportunities and strategic partnerships
Do you have what it takes?
- Top academic credentials
- Industry experience gained in venture capital/private equity, investment banking, management consulting and/or at a leading technology company
- Entrepreneurial mindset and go-getter attitude with a proven ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail, a sense of personal accountability, and urgency for achieving results
- Rigorous analytical and quantitative skills including experience with financial modeling, analysis, and valuation
- Positive demeanor; voracious appetite to learn new things; excellent professional judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Superior presentation and written communication skills
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.