GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Director of Business Analytics employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18.5 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is a data driven organization. At GoDaddy Analytics, we use our data assets to the benefit of our business knowledge by developing and deploying advanced analytics techniques. Products and customer experience are at the core of GoDaddy – for which the Product Analytics Team has been assembled to support. We seek a leader to be involved heavily in helping this team achieve new standards for the domains industry.
Domains based solution offerings are the very foundation of GoDaddy’s business. We provide sophisticated search and management capability for domain names, DNS, security and brand protection. We help our customers save time and get back to what matters – running their businesses - with robust and reliable services that allow them to seamlessly and professionally build and operate their online business presence.
In this role, you will be an active practitioner of Advanced Analytics, who can effectively lead a team of quantitative individuals, through a lead by example influenced model. We expect you to partner with different levels of business partners in Analytics, Development, Business, Finance and Marketing to locate and prioritize analytic business opportunities. You are integral to our company growth through the insights you uncover, the thoughtful recommendations you make, and the people you mentor and lead. If this is you, please apply!
- Partner with Product Management to develop product strategy and innovative solutions for domains, DNS, security and brand protection that are grounded in a deep understanding of a small business owner’s reality. Support strategy and solutions with Analytics frameworks.
- Use quantitative and qualitative customer feedback to help drive the roadmap for key areas of the product, understanding of technology shifts, and competitive environment to prioritize ideas and work.
- Accountability of Analytic execution, including business case, data models, product instrumentation and telemetry, user stories, experience design and rapid delivery with a focus on developing repeatable, automated solutions.
- Apply Analytics to deliver product improvements that delight customers and contribute to dramatic deltas in customer experience
- You will partner with a hardworking team of Product, Design and Program Managers to pioneer Analytics to improve the customer experience outcomes for our business
- Drive Analytic development in a leadership role with a hardworking, skilled, and growing team.
- Be a Hands-On leader - Motivate the team and help drive innovation we need to deliver on our vision.
- Apply Analytic methodologies which can assess impacts as new products and services are introduced to the GoDaddy portfolio as well as ensuring that our existing offerings create great end-to-end experiences for customers.
- Deliver customer value and own partial accountability for building long-term Analytics strategies for GoDaddy worldwide.
- This is a rare opportunity to blend entrepreneurial skills with exceptional analytics, operational, financial and leadership acumen.
If you join us, you’ll come on board with significant experience as a senior Analytics leader in a successful, fast-growing software business.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the Analytic technology industry; product roadmap and strategy ownership
- Proved history of Hands-On leadership of Advanced Analytics resources
- Entrepreneurial leadership mindset with ambitious drive.
- Experience with fast-growing, B2B software divisions within larger companies is attractive
- You have the knowledge to develop analysis-based strategic plans to penetrate markets and develop successful products
- Record of extraordinary success at organizations that prize innovation, teamwork, customer service, and sales results
- Communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitors envy
- Leadership that combines persuasiveness, decisiveness, and competitiveness necessary to motivate a team
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI)
- Expertise with open source Analytics packages (Python, R, PySpark) including knowledge of running within distributed data environment architectures and automating Analytic processes.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading people and developing Analytic talent.
- Advanced understanding of analytical techniques including predictive modeling, experiment design and measurement, and machine learning
- You possess the ability to build cross-functional relationships and partner with leaders to deliver solutions that are aligned to strategy and support business objectives
- Quantitative Masters degree, PhD preferred
- Preferred knowledge of Domains business
- Some Travel required
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer