Electrician - Strasburg, FrancePrimary Location: Strasburg
Location: Strasburg, France
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
In Office: This is an in-office position. You’ll eventually be expected to work full-time in an office location, and therefore must live within commuting distance from your assigned office. If your designated office has re-opened to employees, you will work from this office beginning on your first day. If your designated office is not yet re-opened, you’ll work remotely until leadership transitions the team back to in-office work. Your hiring manager will communicate whether your designated office is open to employees before your first day.
What you'll get to do...
- Operate, maintain, monitor, and facilitate all preventative and repairs for all critical systems/equipment at the Data Center
- For projects small to large, be capable to oversee and manage a project from concept to final commissioning, including regular oversight of GCs and vendors' actions
- Work with other department persons to monitor associated BMS
- Able to manage, operate and maintain all data center systems while working around IT production equipment within server rooms, MDFs and IDFs
- Communicate well with teammates for our customers and their needs
- On recall 24/7 to respond to all hands type emergencies as needed
- Perform “on call” duty on rotation
- Maintain and follow environmental programs, including hot work, MSDS/SDS, and hazardous waste removal
- Maintain records such as service tickets, manuals, as-builds, blueprints, checklists, daily operation logs, spreadsheets, short- and long-range maintenance planning, etc
- Create specifications, change management documents, MOPs, SOPs EOPs and required documentation for computer rooms, and data centers and other critical areas based on comprehensive requirements
Your experience should include...
- Able to read prints and diagrams
- Exposure to electrical print reading such as generators, switchgear and power distribution, lighting, HVAC, fire systems, potable water system and other power-related systems and equipment
- Fluent in French and English
- 3+ years' experience in the electrical trade
- Experience with commercial electrical systems and critical environment operations is a plus
- Possess troubleshooting, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, dedication, passion, and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and able to teach one-self with minimal support
- Physical Stamina and agility sufficient to stand, walk, climb up and down ladders, and engage in similar physical activities as necessary to access all areas of facilities to operate, repair and maintain
We've got your back...
- An employment contract of indefinite duration
- A secure job in a rapidly growing, international company
- A motivating working environment with a lot of freedom
- Flat hierarchies and direct communication
- Free drinks and breakfast
- An open, positive working atmosphere and good development opportunities
- Interesting special services and team events
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018325