BMS Controls Specialist - Strasburg, FrancePrimary Location: Strasburg
Location Details: Strasburg, France
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is an in-office position. You’ll eventually be expected to work full-time in an office location, and therefore must live within commuting distance from your assigned office. If your designated office has re-opened to employees, you will work from this office beginning on your first day. If your designated office is not yet re-opened, you’ll work remotely until leadership transitions the team back to in-office work. Your hiring manager will communicate whether your designated office is open to employees before your first day.
What you'll get to do...
As Controls Engineer of Critical Environments, you will be monitoring and maintaining all BMS program operations at your site and other sites remotely, as needed, to ensure all HVAC equipment and critical power infrastructure stays optimally operational, you will be on call as determined by the On Call program, support operational facilities systems uptime to meet or exceed company standards and supervising vendors to perform maintenance and install work concerning BMS, HVAC and associated controls. This job will require you to build and install controllers as needed or to work with vendors to do the same. You will perform routine analysis of trending, using our BMS systems to provide reports covering power and HVAC systems/equipment performance, with the intention of showcasing normal use factors, expected room and site kW growth, anomaly identification and corrective measures recommendations as needed. You will be tasked with providing BMS and controls information and support for projects, proposals, installations, testing and commissioning. Software and hardware engineering is a plus, with a proficiency in developing prints and sequence of operations. You would be responsible for ensuring good engineering practices in the use of all BMS programs and controls interaction in the field. Expectations include fostering positive vendor relationships and cross training your peers in the department in high-level BMS interaction. This job requires the ability to respond immediately to business-impacting events related to critical environment systems and work with supervisors, managers and all departmental teams supporting the Data Center (DC Ops, DC Eng and GDS). You may also provide support when needed for any IT productions rooms and equipment at other Go Daddy sites.
- Monitor and maintain all department BMS systems for your site and others for all power and HVAC systems and equipment for our primary/owned data center equipment. This is to include possessing an experienced background in the mechanical field with keen knowledge and practical experience of commercial mechanical systems
- Review, manage and operate all monitoring systems includes: BMS for critical power, HVAC and fire panel computer
- Monitor and oversee vendors in relation to BMS and associated controls work
- Monitor and work with controls for well system with deep pumps, heat exchanger, secondary circuit pumps, CRAHs and site water circulation
- Able to perform troubleshooting of critical HVAC system controls and controllers. Detail level trouble shooting for all mechanical equipment controls is a requirement
- Operate and maintain all critical environment controls located in server, MDF and IDF rooms and other critical spaces
- Communicate: Work with peers and teammates for our customers and their needs, GoDaddy employees (Other DC DCCE teams, DC operations, DC Eng, GDS, networking, storage, business continuity, Security and the GOC)
- On call in a rotation setup, 24/7 as assigned
- Primary shift will be during the day, Monday-Friday but needs to be able to work a flexible work schedule when needed (deployments, hot months, emergency call, off shift, vacation coverage)
- Help create, use, operate and work with a CMMS program (equipment information, equipment history, work orders etc.)
- Maintain records: ServiceNow, JIRA, spreadsheets, and other platforms, as needed
- Able to self-manage and make decisions within job responsibilities/scope in the Critical Environments industry and in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in performing analysis of trending using site BMS systems to provide reports covering power and HVAC systems/equipment performance, with the intention of showcasing normal use factors, expected kW growth, anomaly identification and corrective measures recommendations
- The ability to collaborate effectively with DCCE operational teammates and other departments to find solutions to challenges
- Possess a strong desire to research the site and innovate efficiency improvements
- Supervises: Vendors and contractors, as needed
Your experience should include...
- Trade school and/or 8+ years comparable field experience in Data Center BMS and in-field associated controls operations
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English. German and French language a plus
- Honeywell/Centraline platform and Automated Logic (ALC) BMS experience required, install, repairs and programming
- BMS server replacement, configurations, and cabling experience a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in HVAC controls, to include experience in data center environments or comparable environments
- Controls for water pumps, ventilation system, heat exchanger, valves, flaps, heat pump and corresponding sensors, chillers and cooling towers in reference to the associated BMS
- Expert knowledge of Data Center mechanical systems and facility operations
- Expert BMS and controls troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in using a computer and experience with BMS systems, Microsoft programs, etc. (Strong background in Word, Excel, PPT, AutoCAD, Visio)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and eager to learn new DC concepts in controls, BMS and other critical infrastructure
- Can work well in a team environment while also comfortable working alone
- Physical Stamina and agility enough to stand, walk, climb up and down ladders, and engage in similar physical activities as necessary to access all areas of facilities to operate, repair and maintain
We've got your back...
- An employment contract of indefinite duration
- A secure job in a rapidly growing, international company
- A shift system that can be planned reliably (24x7), with the best possible consideration of personal wishes
- A motivating working environment with a lot of freedom
- Flat hierarchies and direct communication
- Free drinks and breakfast
- An open, positive working atmosphere and good development opportunities
- Interesting special services and team events
About us...GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016143