Backend EngineerPrimary Location: South Africa - Remote Additional location(s): India; United Kingdom
Location: South Africa - remote
What you'll get to do...
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to assist in building robust backend infrastructure and micro-services to enhance our Services platform in AWS. Our goal is to build a solid platform which will enable squads to move fast and build performant APIs to a high degree of availability and quality.
- Be a valued member of our autonomous, distributed, agile team to deliver on maintaining and improving our backend services platform and architecture
- Build production distributed systems that scale using a micro-service architecture
- Build cloud infrastructure using infrastructure as code tooling
- Assist in migrating services and data from GCP to AWS
- Enhance the security of the platform
- Be a strong participant in the company wide engineering community affecting and driving engineering across the company
- Collaborate with engineers across all our client platforms (Android, iOS and Web), product managers, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various backend solutions for our products
Your experience should include...
- 8+ years of professional experience in a software engineering position
- Programming languages Golang, Kotlin or Java
- Relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle or MSSQL
- Service-oriented architecture and associated technologies and patterns preferably micro-services architecture, containers using Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation, Sceptre and Terraform
- CI/CD technologies and patterns such as Github action workflows, Git, Git flow, Jenkins, Wercker, CircleCI, Bamboo, TeamCity, Gitlab etc
- Familiarity with application performance monitoring tools such as Newrelic, ElasticAPM or Datadog
- Implementation of multi-AZ cloud native applications
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R013667