Senior Site Reliability Engineer - EMEA, remotePrimary Location: Sofia Additional location(s): Bulgaria - Remote; Romania - Remote; Spain - Remote; United Kingdom - Remote
Location: EMEA, remote - Bulgaria, Romania, Spain and United Kingdom
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or off-sites.
What you'll get to do...
We’re looking for a strongly driven Python Software Engineer/Senior Site Reliability Engineer with experience in or desire to learn and operationalise large scale, distributed systems.
You will play a valuable role in automating, managing, and operationalising large scale infrastructure management systems across geographical locations, business units, and brands. You will use modern programming languages and technologies, such as Python, Containers, Ansible, ServiceNow, and Vault.
You will be working on a collaborative, multi-national, agile team that embraces rapid, iterative development using CI/CD and open-source technologies. The right individual will be self-driven, care about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes and enabling innovation. You will go beyond development and help to shape the engineering culture & best practices here at GoDaddy.
- Design, build and operate distributed services to manage large scale systems
- Debug complex issues found in production between multiple systems or services
- Design fault tolerant, redundant systems that are highly available
- Lead and mentor other members of the team in technology and best practices and learn from peers
- Leverage modern best practices such as CI/CD to deliver early and often
- Attend various agile ceremony meetings, not necessarily limited to Scrum
Your experience should include...
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with Python 3
- Passionate about infrastructure as code and managing infrastructure
- Writing tests for your code is in your blood
- You love to delight customers via operational excellence
- You love automating manual processes
- Experience building large-scale, highly available, self-healing distributed systems is a nice to have
- Experience troubleshooting production issues in a wide-scale server environment is a nice to have
- Experience with containers and Linux environments is a nice to have
- Experience running and operating your own services is a nice to have
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R015807