Senior Site Reliability Engineer - OpenStack - EMEA, remotePrimary Location: Sofia Additional location(s): Czech Republic - Remote; Iasi; Poland - Remote
Location: EMEA, remote - Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy's OpenStack Engineering team is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer. In this role, you will develop, automate and operate GoDaddy's large-scale OpenStack infrastructure.
Our OpenStack platform empowers GoDaddy engineers to help small business customers start, grow, and run their ventures. Hundreds of GoDaddy teams use the team's Cloud solutions daily, either for development or to host production workloads at a global scale. If you have the passion, enthusiasm, and ability to contribute to managing that infrastructure, we would like to talk with you!
- Administration and support for our internal hypervisor infrastructure build on OpenStack
- Administration of host-systems: problem analysis, isolation and debugging
- Internal tools development (Python)
- Automation and config management
- Development of standard procedures for system operation
- Capacity management
- Development and implementation of security measures
- Evaluation of new system software and software updates
- Development and implementation of optimisation measures and processes
Your experience should include...
- Multiple years of experience in an SRE role
- Planning, building and administrating of Linux Server Systems (CentOS) running in-house
- You are experienced with scripting in Bash and programming in Python
- Solution-oriented thinking and acting
- Highly competent team player with strong communication skills
- Experienced with config management systems (Puppet or Ansible)
- Experienced with virtualization solutions (KVM, or Virtuozzo)
- Experienced with Cloud solutions
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016110