Linux AdministratorSlough, United Kingdom
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Slough-United Kingdom
What you'll get to do...
An Infrastructure Engineer is part of the Infrastructure team, working on a 24x7, 6 shifts on, 4 off rotating shift pattern to maintain the underlying platform software and hardware as a sysadmin and physical Data Centre operations. This is a site based role and you must be onsite at Slough, United Kingdom.
- Ensure all hosting platforms stay operational and customer SLAs are achieved.
- Using prior experience and DevOps methodologies, work to improve operational
- efficiency, to remove manual or human driven maintenance tasks, to improve
- platform performance and uptime
- Audit, learn and document existing platforms from acquired businesses
- Work to merge legacy platforms from acquired businesses in line with business and
- group objectives
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers as required to resolve issues.
- Handle escalations from team members, and other teams in the company.
- Assist and share skills with other team members.
- Engage with management to plan and deploy new platforms and projects.
- Maintain toolset used for systems maintenance and deployments.
Your experience should include...
- Linux (CentOS, CloudLinux) - Low level knowledge of the Kernel/modules
- Hosting platforms - Heavy use of cPanel/WHM in house.
- Networking (Switching, Routing) - Juniper used.
- Virtualisation (Qemu/KVM, Xen,)
- Deployment tools (Puppet, Cobbler, Ansible) - Toolset is heavily based around puppet and cobbler, so the more knowledge on this the better.
- Systems security
- Monitoring Systems (Nagios, Sensu)
- Ability to diagnose systems not seen before. We have multiple platforms which we need to maintain.
- Must be able to remain calm in high pressure situations, and think with a level head.
We've got your back...
- 33 days holiday
- Shift Premium
- Bupa private medical insurance
- Casual dress code
- Private pension with employer matched contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- A dedicated, training program
- Great opportunity for advancement within the company across a variety of roles
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011380