Regional Brand Account Manager, APACApply Apply Later Location Shanghai, China
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
GoDaddy believes each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation each team member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to pursue individual career growth.
As an Account Manager with the Brand Team, you work closely with our Regional Marketing Teams and Creative, Strategy, Resource Management and Production departments to lead the annual planning process, strategy and development of fully integrated campaigns and measuring success of the business.
Success for this position is illustrated by the Account Manager’s ability to lead, drive and grow the business. Developing strong relationships with our regional teams, managing difficult situations while keeping the best interest of the work at heart, and by being a strong contributing member of the brand management account team.
An ideal candidate will have a strong strategic and integrated production background, will confidently lead the strategic development of campaigns across all media from the initial analysis of the business challenge/need to crafting creative and project briefs through to producing and trafficking of creative assets. They should have a minimum of 5-7+ years in a creative agency environment with a variety of well-known brands and bring with them a strong understanding of advertising and marketing strategies, trends and best practices.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
• Possesses the ability to create and sell advanced strategic concepts, drive initiatives, and write strong, insightful brand/project briefs based on sound rationale and previous experience
• Influences the development of the highest quality creative work by sharing knowledge of the client/business/brand/competition and demonstrating strong creative judgement
• Develops a thoughtful and trustworthy relationship with regional leadership, and maintains day-to-day contact; at the ready when challenges arise and provides swift resolution
• Demonstrates micro and macro knowledge of GoDaddy and the nuances of the regional business by continuous research of the brand, its categories and competitors and the industry as a whole
• Leads the business through the development of strategic annual brand marketing plans, facilitates the annual planning process and develops the overarching strategy for the local IMCs
• Develops and cultivates strong relationships across all agency partners, internal channel and operations teams to ensure business goals and marketing strategies are aligned and flawlessly executed against
• Continually looks for ways to grow the business and add value
• Proposes thoughtful testing agendas; understands and distills data to drive thoughtful insights
• Helps to devise short-term and long-term brand and advertising strategies that drive business momentum and deliver against (exceed) market KPIs
• Manages the communication between the Brand Team, regional clients and agencies, channel leads, etc. to ensure strategy and creative are implemented across the board
• Adhere to strong brand, budget, resource, and business goal controls to ensure marketing work is aligned with business goals and brand strategy.
• Maintains constant communication with Global Brand Account Director on account status
• Thorough oversight and direction of the day-to-day running of the business
• A motivational leader with the ability to unite and inspire the teams to deliver award-winning, results driven work with velocity and accuracy
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Journalism, MBA preferred.
• 5-7+ years account or brand management experience in a creative advertising agency
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
• Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
• Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills required; ability to confidently have tough conversations with senior level team members
• Deep understanding of the production process (across all media), timelines, and demonstrated capability to produce multiple, overlapping projects
• Strong financial understanding of budgeting and estimating
• A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees / clients
• Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
• Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills – can anticipate and react to regional needs before they do
• After hours work and overnight traveling to planning sessions, region check-ins and shoots/post sessions required
• Experience with international marketing, media and agency management is required.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns.
• Ability to prioritize varying demands, set deadlines, and multi-task as needed.
• Self-motivated. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.