Senior Software Development Engineer - Serbia, RemotePrimary Location: Remote - Serbia Additional location(s): Romania - Remote
Location Details: Serbia, Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
Join our team
GoDaddy’s Global Security Products group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our backend development team. Our backend team is responsible for multiple products, integrations, and various APIs. If you have interest in getting hands-on with the latest cloud technologies and enabling a next generation platform, this will be a great opportunity.
Some technologies we work with:
- RESTful APIs
- Go, PHP, NodeJS, Python
- Docker, Git, Jira
- AWS – CloudFormation, Sceptre, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Terraform
What you'll get to do...
- Solve technical problems that few have solved before – no one else helps Local Businesses the way we do
- Participate in the decision making progress – we want you to speak up
- Mentor your team members to share your passion for software, your appreciation for engineering discipline, and your respect for the craft of software development
- Take on the challenge of making what you build higher quality, faster, and more scalable
Your experience should include...
- Have 5+ years previous professional software development experience
- Previous backend RESTful API development experience
- Strong experience in a general purpose programming language like Go, Python, PHP, NodeJS and etc
- Experience integrating broad variety of technologies via API consumption/production
- Deep knowledge and a passion for coding standards and following proven design patterns
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Agile, working in sprints and participating in the agile ceremonies
You might also have...
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions
- Passion for technology
- You have high standards and want to make a difference with your work
- You're ready to take on just about anything and figure things out one way or another
- You are always trying to improve
We've got your back... We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy.
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018910