DevOps Engineer, WordPress/Linux - EMEA, RemotePrimary Location: Remote - Serbia Additional location(s): Belarus - Remote; Bulgaria - Remote; Romania - Remote
Location Details: EMEA, Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do...
Our new Pagely DevOps team, builds and maintains the infrastructure powering our Managed WordPress Hosting Platform. By providing coverage across 3 shifts, our international team of DevOps Engineers helps our customers sleep more soundly knowing their sites are in good hands. Being a DevOps Engineer is not just a glorified sysadmin gig. We empower each member of the team to take on recurring problems and solve them instead of settling for the status quo.
- Responding to and remediating incoming alerts from monitoring systems
- Fielding complex tickets and customer requests escalated from our Sys Admins
- Communicating with site developers via our online helpdesk and Slack
- Working on various projects to improve efficiency, monitoring, performance,
- Contributing to and refining our internal documentation
Your experience should include...
- 2+ years of Linux experience
- 1+ years of PHP experience
- 1+ years’ experience of database troubleshooting, preferably MySQL
- Experience building and maintaining servers using AWS is highly preferred
- Comfortable working in an SSH terminal or with an API
- Experience supporting WordPress is highly preferred
- Highly detail oriented and organised in work
- Proactive and independent
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees,
management, and customers to maximise performance, creativity, problem
solving, and results
You might also have…
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agenciesJob ID R017249