No company starts out knowing how to do everything right, and we’ve had 20 years of trying, breaking, fixing, and repeating. We provide a rock-solid leadership team & a mission to change the world but we never forget about our employees. At GoDaddy you can expect to learn leading-edge processes and technologies, and help your business partners strike a balance between speed and compliance. It’s a rare opportunity and one that is perfectly suited for curious go-getters who love a challenge!
What makes a successful Tax Staff Analyst employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Tax Staff Analyst at GoDaddy, you will work with a team of tax professionals supporting a fast-growing, globally-expanding Company whose mission is to help small businesses kick ass. You will work under the direct supervision of our Tax Director and will be based out of our Scottsdale corporate headquarters.
Are you a good fit?
• Ambitious team player ready to help bring GoDaddy onto the world stage
• Passionate believer in critical thinking and problem solving
• Fearlessly independent and able to work with minimal daily supervision
• Highly detail oriented and organized
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment
What does the job entail?
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns including detail support and calculations
- Prepare income tax extensions and estimated tax payment calculations
- Prepare calculations for non-resident state tax withholdings for partnership members
- Prepare tax fixed assets schedules and depreciation calculations
- Prepare month-end journal entries as required
- Prepare monthly GL account reconciliations
- Prepare 1099’s and backup withholding calculations
- Assist with income tax provisions and quarter end close process
- Assist with preparation of tax basis balance sheets for partnership entities
- Perform research on tax issues and preparation of tax research memos
- Assist tax department with written documentation of tax policies and procedures
- Other work related tasks / ad-hoc reporting as needed
What do you need to do this job?
- 2 to 3 years tax accounting experience with private industry and/or public accounting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax
- CPA is desired but not required
- Comfortable with tax research tools
- Strong understanding of Tax and GAAP principles
- Ability to gather, organize and analyze data
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly in Excel
- Plays well with others
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy seeks to make health coverage available for employees and family members. While options differ by country, our goal is to ensure the right care in the right place at the right price.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
Time Away From Work
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy complies with the provisions in each of the countries we do business, but we go above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away.
Saving for Retirement
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions offered in each country. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement and are usually funded by employee and employer contributions.
At GoDaddy, we choose open and convenient locations as we want our offices to reflect our culture. We have open architecture and feature bold designs. In many locations, we feature dining facilities with great healthy choices.
Perks and Amenities
GoDaddy seeks to find vendor partners who provide discounts on products and services ranging from electronics to pet insurance to home and auto insurance. We understand that it pays to shop around for the best deals and we are happy to help you by combining the purchasing power of GoDaddy employees.
Our sharp mission to shift the global economy toward small business focuses our employees on the same goal and motivates us to do meaningful work here at GoDaddy.
Ray Winborne, Chief Financial Officer
Over the past two years, what’s become most apparent is there is no shortage of new and stimulating things to learn here every single day. If you’re looking to try something new, the culture and people throughout the entire organization are supportive of every employee’s appetite to discover new and different skills.
Christie Masoner, Sr Manager Technical Accounting
- Work at GoDaddy: View available locations for this position
- Explore Our City: Work at GoDaddy: