Staff CounselScottsdale, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ or Tempe, AZ
Join our team
GoDaddy is looking for a junior attorney to assist with and handle global marketing compliance matters, review marketing related contracts and consumer advertising content, and handle special projects and other job-related duties as assigned. This position will report to the Assistant General Counsel for Global Marketing and work with GoDaddy’s Marketing and Brand departments, Procurement Department, Public Relations Department, and other departments within the Company as necessary.
What you'll get to do...
- Assist with reviewing marketing content from various business teams across multiple marketing channels to ensure compliance with consumer protection regulations.
- Review and negotiate contracts for marketing related matters.
- Assist with developing and implementing new processes and procedures for global legal marketing initiatives.
- Conduct independent research and work with outside counsel to identify changing global marketing regulations.
- Identify legal risks and develop proactive compliance and mitigation recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your experience should include...
- J.D. from an accredited law school with excellent academic qualifications required; law review and/or moot court team experience strongly preferred.
- Active license to practice law in Arizona required.
- At least 3-5 years of legal experience is required; experience in corporate setting and/or working in B2C business a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required: must be comfortable explaining legal principles to leaders and their implications for business practices and procedures.
- Highly developed business and technical acumen to understand our business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings. Must be able to see the big picture and effectively prioritize projects based on level of risk to the organization.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills; attention to detail a must.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with an ability to meet tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and leadership.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations tactfully yet firmly, to be assertive without being adversarial, and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility.
You might also have...
- Preferred knowledge of international, federal, and state consumer protection laws; contracts experience a must; ability to apply that knowledge expeditiously to specific situations.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; experience with CounselLink a plus.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010179