No company starts out knowing how to do everything right, and we’ve had 20 years of trying, breaking, fixing, and repeating. We provide a rock-solid leadership team & a mission to change the world but we never forget about our employees. At GoDaddy you can expect to learn leading-edge processes and technologies, and help your business partners strike a balance between speed and compliance. It’s a rare opportunity and one that is perfectly suited for curious go-getters who love a challenge!
What makes a successful Sr. Analyst - Financial Systems employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Analyst – Accounting Systems to assist in the day-to-day support of our financial platforms. In this role, you will participate in the coordination, support and maintenance necessary to ensure the proper and effective functioning of financial systems. You will also develop, modify and support custom reports for both ad hoc and ongoing needs of the business. In addition, you will be responsible for helping to ensure financial systems integrity as well as compliance with our Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
In this role, you will:
- Create and maintain efficient processes that provide effective controls and reliable data for the purpose of recording financial transactions, producing financial reports and supporting our month-end financial close process
- Facilitate ongoing maintenance of our financial systems, including the addition of new accounts, the assignment of reconciliations, and the closing of accounting periods. In addition, monitor and proactively address any system errors identified
- Develop and maintain various financial reports needed by the Finance and Accounting teams to support internal and external reporting requirements
- Work closely with the Finance and Accounting teams to understand and prioritize issues and reporting requirements
- Troubleshoot application issues in coordination with the business/IT
- Create and maintain SOX documentation and monitoring of internal controls as related to financial systems
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to ensure all compliance activities are properly executed in a timely manner
- Assist with Workday Financials implementation
- Review and test upgrades prior to new system release
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Three (3)+ years work experience as a financial analyst or accountant
- Experience in building finance/accounting reports
- SQL/programming skills, ability to dig into data
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of a chart of account structure, foreign currency translations, financial consolidations and general accounting concepts; and how these impact the administration of financial systems, including reporting
- Experience with Workday Financials and BlackLine is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Management Reporter desired but not required
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy seeks to make health coverage available for employees and family members. While options differ by country, our goal is to ensure the right care in the right place at the right price.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
Time Away From Work
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy complies with the provisions in each of the countries we do business, but we go above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away.
Saving for Retirement
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions offered in each country. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement and are usually funded by employee and employer contributions.
At GoDaddy, we choose open and convenient locations as we want our offices to reflect our culture. We have open architecture and feature bold designs. In many locations, we feature dining facilities with great healthy choices.
Perks and Amenities
GoDaddy seeks to find vendor partners who provide discounts on products and services ranging from electronics to pet insurance to home and auto insurance. We understand that it pays to shop around for the best deals and we are happy to help you by combining the purchasing power of GoDaddy employees.
Our sharp mission to shift the global economy toward small business focuses our employees on the same goal and motivates us to do meaningful work here at GoDaddy.
Ray Winborne, Chief Financial Officer
Over the past two years, what’s become most apparent is there is no shortage of new and stimulating things to learn here every single day. If you’re looking to try something new, the culture and people throughout the entire organization are supportive of every employee’s appetite to discover new and different skills.
Christie Masoner, Sr Manager Technical Accounting