Software Development Manager - Marketing Technologies PlatformScottsdale, Arizona | Tempe, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Scottsdale or Tempe AZ (Preferrable) but open to Remote
As a Software Development Manager in the Global Platform Development organization at GoDaddy, you will lead a small team of MarTech Engineers and join a cross-functional organization of world-class Engineers, Product Owners, and Quality Assurance team members using the latest and greatest development technologies and agile practices. In our MarTech Engineering organization, you will have the opportunities to create and support several internal applications and systems, most of which run on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Among other things, our team is responsible for inbound and outbound communication and messaging that connect us with our GoDaddy customers daily.
Understand that innovation and creativity are required – they are a part of what we do every single day. Our entire company moves at the speed of the internet and the only constant at GoDaddy is change. Our team will provide an exciting, dynamic opportunity for you to learn and enhance your skillset using the latest technologies and software methodologies – we always try and stay on the cutting edge. If you have the desire and the passion to contribute to a truly exceptional user experience, no matter your job title, then we want you to apply!
What you'll get to do...
- Help design, build and unit-test innovative systems that are vital to our international and marketing efforts - essential to our company.
- Work on platforms that enable better customer experience for customers. Our teams build solutions which enable personalization, and timely communication to improve customer engagement and retention.
- Work on a brand-new marketing technology platform for inbound and outbound channels, including the migration from current systems.
- Support platforms and applications that help contribute over $300 million in annual review via our outbound emails sent to our more than 19 million GoDaddy customers.
- Collaborate with other GoDaddy teams of Engineers, Marketing Professionals, QA and Operations.
- You will do much more than just write great code.
- Demonstrate industry methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, testing automation and Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Be a member of our Scrum team where we have two-week sprints, user stories and a product backlog.
Your experience should include...
- 2+ years in a technical leadership role, including managing direct reports
- Experience mentoring and leading a small software development team would be ideal 5-10 years of software design and/or development experience
- Public cloud platform experience is required, AWS is preferred
- Adobe, Salesforce, Marketo, Oracle, SAP, SAS, Acoustic, etc
- Experience working in an Agile, live site/Dev-Ops culture that deploys code frequently and automates everything from tests to builds to infrastructure deployment
- Experience building micro-services and distributed systems; automated builds, Docker, Containers, Kubernetes, etc.
- Familiarity and/or experience with web application frameworks (MVC, NodeJS, Angular, etc).
- Passion for continuous learning, both in and out of the office.
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users.
You might also have...
- Experience with Marketing Technology platforms or Multichannel Marketing Hubs would be a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a huge plus
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010290