Senior Internal Auditor - AnalyticsScottsdale, Arizona
Get to know us
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
We are looking for a go-getter Senior Auditor with a passion for analytics and an understanding of accounting principles to complement our highly skilled and uniquely integrated audit team. GoDaddy’s Internal Audit team plays a central role assisting the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, CFO, and Chief Legal Officer in fulfilling their responsibilities overseeing accounting and financial reporting processes and internal controls, compliance with laws, regulations and industry standards and risk management.
You will play an integral role conducting Internal Audit’s operational, financial, business process and compliance audit activities using analytics throughout all phases of the audits. Through the creative use of data analytics, your work will increase our understanding and scoping of accounting and complex business processes and help improve the company’s operational activities.
The ideal candidate will have both accounting experience and proficiency using SQL and other data analysis tools to navigate and mine data sources to research and audit accounting activities.
Location: This team is based in Scottsdale, Arizona however we are open to hiring remotely.
What you'll get to do...
- Utilize your knowledge of accounting and business processes to develop test methodologies for moderate to highly complex business processes.
- Find opportunities to utilize data analysis in all audit projects.
- Perform testing to review the design, accuracy and adequacy of internal controls.
- Navigate within large deep technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for use of data analytics in audit testing.
- Document the analyses and analytics you’ve developed.
- Have the ability to be flexible and adapt – you thrive when things move quickly and change.
- Be a motivated learner – you know what you don’t know and are willing to go above and beyond to learn.
- Willing to engage others to get or give assistance – you’re not afraid to ask questions and others can easily contact you for help.
- Perform other team-related duties as assigned.
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with data analytics knowledge and experience or bachelor’s degree in Data or IT-related field (CIS, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Analytics, etc.) with Accounting / Finance knowledge and experience.
- 4+ years of accounting, audit, or financial analysis experience and analytics experience. Big 4 experience a plus.
- Experience and solid understanding of common data analytics tools such as ACL, Arbutus, SQL, or Tableau required. Workday experience a plus.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and Visio mapping tools.
- Working knowledge of business processes and risks, internal controls, auditing techniques, and auditing standards.
- Education or awareness of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), or the COSO framework.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, internal customer service, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Able to plan and lead projects and meetings.
- CPA, CIA or other applicable professional certification a plus.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R009817