Senior AccountantScottsdale, Arizona
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
What you'll get to do...
This Senior Accountant position is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and the accurate presentation on the financial statements
- Responsible for month end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis in a timely manner
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and document variance analyses
- Perform research on accounting issues
- Assist in quarterly review and annual audit preparation
- Maintains and improves SOX compliance for accounting functions and participates in SOX documentation and testing
- Identifies and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in the industry preferred
- Specialized knowledge/Qualifications
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application;
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts;
You might also have...
- Strong analytical skills;
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work;
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines;
- Proactive and independent;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results;
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish assigned tasks;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R005590