No company starts out knowing how to do everything right, and we’ve had 20 years of trying, breaking, fixing, and repeating. We provide a rock-solid leadership team & a mission to change the world but we never forget about our employees. At GoDaddy you can expect to learn leading-edge processes and technologies, and help your business partners strike a balance between speed and compliance. It’s a rare opportunity and one that is perfectly suited for curious go-getters who love a challenge!
What makes a successful Senior Accountant employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18.5 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for all things Registry related.
This role is critical to the success of the company as we capture and account for our primary Business Unit.
You'll have exposure to all lines of the GoDaddy business and be a key player as we continue to scale upward.
Must possess a keen understanding of business, accounting fundamentals and proactive nature.
Be responsible for accurate and timely completion of monthly statements and reports related to the registry accounting department. Plan, coordinate and work with employee in various levels and functions of the company, maintain data integrity in financial systems, maintain strong internal controls and engage in continuous process improvements and automation.
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and the proper presentation on the financial statements of prepaid, receivable and payable balances and cost of sales related to Registry Accounting
- Responsible for preparation of assigned reconciliations for month-end to close the books in a timely manner
- Analyze data, statements and invoices from registry partners to find, report on and reconcile variances
- Maintains and improves SOX compliance for accounting functions
- Participates in SOX documentation and testing
- Identifies and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Education/Certifications Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA designation or candidate preferred
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a corporate environment
- Mentoring/Supervisory skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Experience in the industry preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application;
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work;
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines;
- Proactive and independent;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results;
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish assigned tasks;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy seeks to make health coverage available for employees and family members. While options differ by country, our goal is to ensure the right care in the right place at the right price.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
Time Away From Work
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy complies with the provisions in each of the countries we do business, but we go above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away.
Saving for Retirement
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions offered in each country. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement and are usually funded by employee and employer contributions.
At GoDaddy, we choose open and convenient locations as we want our offices to reflect our culture. We have open architecture and feature bold designs. In many locations, we feature dining facilities with great healthy choices.
Perks and Amenities
GoDaddy seeks to find vendor partners who provide discounts on products and services ranging from electronics to pet insurance to home and auto insurance. We understand that it pays to shop around for the best deals and we are happy to help you by combining the purchasing power of GoDaddy employees.
Our sharp mission to shift the global economy toward small business focuses our employees on the same goal and motivates us to do meaningful work here at GoDaddy.
Ray Winborne, Chief Financial Officer
Over the past two years, what’s become most apparent is there is no shortage of new and stimulating things to learn here every single day. If you’re looking to try something new, the culture and people throughout the entire organization are supportive of every employee’s appetite to discover new and different skills.
Christie Masoner, Sr Manager Technical Accounting