Principal Software Engineer - SecurityScottsdale, Arizona | Tempe, Arizona | Kirkland, Washington | Washington
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
The Product Security team collaborates with all GoDaddy product teams to drive secure product design and standard methodologies for all GoDaddy applications by providing threat modeling and security architecture reviews. The team writes standards, specifications, and guidelines for securing applications and builds next generation security tooling to provide security event visibility across our products and platforms.
We’re looking for a passionate application security developer who loves to dive into technology and pull it all apart to see how it works, then put it back together again better than it was before. We treasure curiosity, communication, passion for security, a bias towards collaboration and action and the desire to embrace and extend standard methodologies and patterns. You can develop novel new software libraries, features and entire services or applications from scratch with little direction and can design and socialize important software updates across the team and organization. If you’re the kind of person who can’t see something that isn’t right without a compulsion to make it at least just a little bit better before you put it back, we want to talk to you!
You’ll work in our Tempe, Scottsdale or Kirkland office. However, we may be open to this role being fully remote.
What you will get to do
Research, evaluate, design and deliver cloud security product technologies
Identify and lead initiatives to bring advanced analytic capabilities to security teams focus
Author security project architecture documentation
Collaborate cross company on secure design standards, best practices, and next generation security features for cloud applications
Perform threat modeling on all GoDaddy products
Design and execute cloud security audit tests
Your experience should include
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience with emphasis in information security, application security, cryptography, or related
- 10+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Knowledge of backend runtimes such as apache, nginx, and runtime frameworks such as Spring, WSGI
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and standard methodologies (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Passion for continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
You might also have
- Understanding of cyber security principles
- Knowledge of top web application vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10
- Knowledge of static/dynamic code testing
- Experience with multiple data platforms is a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra)
- AWS and Kubernetes experience
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R009575