Brand Visual DesignerApply Apply Later Location Scottsdale, Arizona
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for an energetic and multi-disciplined Junior Visual Designer to join our Brand Team and deliver best-in-class outcomes in a deadline-driven environment while demonstrating creativity, determination, professionalism and enthusiasm for growing into the role.
You’ll create and utilize brand deliverables such as identity, logomarks / logotypes, iconography, illustrations, color palettes, patterns and other design elements when needed. This person will design for a wide array of projects, from brainstorming and initial concepting through final production and delivery.
You’ll develop your skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects across various mediums including, but not limited to identity design and systems, event collateral, print materials, internal collateral, infographics, storyboards, and illustrations.
Help drive portions of the creative direction of the GoDaddy brand and employing an understanding of the typography, layout, animation and art direction necessary to help the team produce the best work possible. Communication is a key element in this position, so the Jr. Designer should be able to confidently contribute to the entire creative process, while keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends.
Work with the creative team to deliver GoDaddy visual design and brand standards consistently in all media by producing high-quality visual designs and illustrations to convey a story narrative or idea from concept to execution
- Create and iterate on assets that reflect the GoDaddy brand.
- Balance design work with corporate branding and business objectives.
- Develop the design rationale and explain design decisions to cross-functional teams, which will require the ability to compellingly express concepts both verbally and visually.
- Execute a variety of design requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain a focused and efficient creative workflow, using best practices and meeting all deadlines.
- Collaborate productively with project team members as well as with other teams and colleagues, as needed.
- Review research and analysis on competitors, existing initiatives, past projects, and customer research to ensure effectiveness, relevance, and competitiveness.
- Attend a range of ongoing and/or as-needed meetings, including status/kick-off meetings, creative review meetings, and brainstorming sessions.
- Online portfolio required.
- Graphic design background required.
- Has thorough understanding of fundamental disciplines and principles such as typography, color, hierarchy and layout.
- Be proficient in Adobe product including: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Possess and demonstrate a strong, clean visual design sense.
- Have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Must have strong work ethic with a positive can-do attitude, and be unafraid in the face of new challenges, tight timelines, or curve balls.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage details for multiple projects efficiently while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have and show determination to achieve and succeed.
- Meet deadlines in a fast-moving, complex, and high pressure environment.
- Display ownership of outcomes and see projects through from inception to production.
- Display consistency in skills, quality of work, and reliability of deliverables regardless of project size or point of origin.
- Possess solid organizational skills that support the rest of the team.
- Display dedication and motivation to always maintain and improve design standards.
- BONUS: Prior experience in creating, evolving and evangelizing brand style systems and usage guidelines.
- BONUS: Environmental graphics creation and the application of them.
- BONUS: Motion graphics and/or lettering skills.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.